“Best food truck I've eaten from”
Review of Sol Food - CLOSED

Sol Food
Cuisines: Armenian, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2011

... and I'm from DC, where food trucks swarm the streets like tourists.

We ordered the most delicious carnitas tacos from Sol Food, while my nephew ordered a ham and cheese empanada. It was, hands down, one of the two most delicious meals I ate while in Puerto Rico and the most tasty meal we had on Vieques. I still daydream about that taco, especially the sauce they put on it. So darn delicious.

They're open from 11am to 4pm from Thurs - Sun.

There are newer reviews for Sol Food

Reviewed August 5, 2011

It's a light blue truck parked on a corner with some outdoor seating. Don't forget the bug wipes if you plan to eat there. It was a nice break from the hot sun sitting under a shady tree. The staff was very warm & friendly. The food was yummy the prices were fair for 3 adult dishes + a brownie = $25. There location is perfect down the street from all the beaches they are the only place to eat other than bring your own lunch. The brownies were fabulous and different daily..

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Be flexible. They weren't open as expected and we had to keep trying. Worth the effort. Portions are good, though the pinchons were smaller than I expected. LOVED the curried lentil salad.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was one of the best meals that I had on vacation at Vieques, and yes it was from a truck. My moth waters every time I say Sol Food and think about what I ate there. You have to stop for a meal here and it is located on your way to all the great beaches.
Pleases visit my blog for photos here:

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I read the reviews and I had to try it for myself. It deserves to be the top food establishment on the island. The best pulled pork I have ever had. Also, the carnitas and empinadas are amazing as well. It's closed Monday and Tuesday so keep that in mind. Owners were very friendly and made it a great experience. Don't forget to wash it all down with their homemade lemonade!