“Delicious, fresh Puerto Rican food!”
Review of Conuco

Conuco
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Puerto Rican Cuisine - Lunch: Tuesday to Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Conuco was recommended to me when I asked for a restaurant that served fresh seafood. I was told the owner (or manager) is married to a local fisherman so the fish would be extra fresh! I went very early (around 5:30) and was the only one there for a little while. I sat near the window and had a lovely view of downtown Isabel. I ate 2 specials - the creamy crab salad (best thing I ate in Vieques!) and conch mofongo. Both had awesome plantains. I was very pleased with this as my final dinner in Vieques!

There are newer reviews for Conuco

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ate here based on a local recommendation. Seafood was fresh and presented well. I had the whole fish. Service was excellent, paced yet attentive. I would not single out this restaurant as more expensive than others in Vieques with the same service and or food quality. Higher end establishments are pricey. The setting is great for a lingering meal, enjoying the evening. We elected to sit inside and found the high ceilings and large windows provided a wonderful breeze.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I had an early dinner at Conucos. The restaurant sits above the street level and we almost missed seeing it. We shared the conch mofungo and cervici stuffed plantain cups. The mofungo had a heavy garlic seasoning to my delight and the cervici was so-so. Iced tea was $2.75 per glass and no refills. One serving of the mofungo ($26.00) is enough for two with left overs. The service was excellent. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

1  Thank RoseAlee
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were here on a slow Tuesday night. Service was great, very friendly waitress. Food was good, not great- didn't compare to some other restaurants in Vieques. Probably would have been better if the ambience was better too. We wanted to sit outside but the patio was closed. Drink selections seemed limited. Come for a good meal, but there are better around the island.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here on our first night in town and I wish we had known how goood it was compared to the other places we would eat (we should have gone back here). They had a unique savory soup that I had along with a fresh salad with micro greens. It was lovely. They have a drink taster which is fun...I adored the sangria!! My dad had chicken thighs that he could not stop talking about how good it was. My mom and my brothers gf had a dish that had a sherry sauce that they both were wanting to lick out of the bowl afterwards. My brother had something that was like mofungo that was quite good. Fun atmosphere and great time. Only issue is service is slow....food took a long time coming out...but it was worth it when we got it.