“Never been disappointed, nor left wanting... hands down our fav....some times three times a week!”
Review of Next Course

Next Course
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Caribbean lobster, local market fish, house dry aged beef, home made pastas. A menu that encompasses American cuisine with Caribbean flair with something for everyone.
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Starting from the able, beautiful and totally fun staff..... to the kick back vibe and great drinks made with fresh yummy fruits (try the lime in the coconut) or the cadillac! Let's talk food..... Um, can you think of anything better than bacon wraped pork loin with sweet smashed potatoes and crip fresh french beans! Ceviche to die for.... fish fit for a king... stuffed salmon with lobster goodness! don't get me going on the sweets , one word: lava! ok three... ice cream sandwitch.....make sure to ask for two spoons! Buddy and the boys in the back of the house are not afraid to mix things up! That said, we LOVE the food ,the wine list and service....and go back time after time.
Moxi and Fitz

Reviewed November 28, 2010

We ended up at Next Course two nights in a row (we wanted to go to El Quepeno one night but it wasn't open yet). The food was excellent -my husband loved the shrimp appetizer with polenta. We also had the herb and goat cheese artichoke dip - delicious but filling. We also had the soup of the day - white ale with cheddar cheese. If they have this when you are there, don't miss it! I had the lobster two nights in a row because it was so good the first night though the second night it was not as good - it was just a little overcooked and dry. The risotto that comes with it is delicious though. Next Course also has an excellent wine list. The atmosphere is ok -it's not the most romantic setting we've been to but it wasn't bad either. We would definitely return here if we ever come back to Vieques.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

LOVED this place.... was looking for something "different" all weekend and they nailed it.! I had a great salad, shrimp app, and lobster dinner... needless to say, I was STUFFED!

Reviewed November 11, 2010

The setting, as previously described, is delightful and the interior is neat and stylish. We sat outside where the lighting is very dim-hard to read the menu or really see my food at all. I ate by feel. We had the lobster won ton, rib eye over mushroom risotto with deep fried shallots, the shrimp/scallop/mahi in blush alfredo with linguine. The lobster won ton was just ok- a step up from chinese takeout crab rangoon but nothing special. Both main dishes were perfect. My steak felt medium rare but I could not visually verify that, the shallots were an inspired garnish and really made the dish. For dessert we had the ice cream sandwich-good ice cream and whipped creme between two cookies with peanut sauce, It was very good but I think the edges of the cookie were burnt (via taste-I could not see it). I think the lack of lighting does keep bugs down-we did not see any. Our bottle of Pinot Grigio was crisp and acceptable at a fair price.
When we arrived we were told the restaurant ran out of cooking gas but the chef was driving out to get more. This caused a small delay in the meal that was more than made up for by the friendly staff.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Upper-mid priced restaurant in a lovely setting, highly recommended. Check out Duffy's in Esperanza for excellent lower priced fare.