“The appetizers are the only good thing here”
Review of Next Course

Next Course
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Caribbean lobster, local market fish, house dry aged beef, home made pastas. A menu that encompasses American cuisine with Caribbean flair with something for everyone.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Next Course was the first restaurant we went to for dinner while on our recent trip to Vieques. I called them to make a reservation for 8:30pm, but they asked me to come in at 8:15pm or 8:45pm. When we arrived at 8:45pm, the restaurant was quite empty. We were seated outside and it was a bit windy. The Christmas lights on the deck make for a romantic dining experience and it's easy to find the restaurant on Rt 201 (you can't miss the lights).

We ordered Mojitos, but didn't like them much. The clams and the avocado bacon salad were very good. They had lobster with risotto and asparagus as a special that night, but they ran out of lobster and were serving the dish with shrimp instead, so I ordered it (Note: coming from New England, I only eat Maine lobsters). The dish tasted good, but they added a bit too much truffle oil for my palate. The chicken was very dry.

We ended our meal with Banana Pecan Spring Rolls. This dessert should be called Confusion. The spring rolls were served with big pieces of pecans and a raw mango on one side and a grilled pineapple on the other. A bit too much.

Our server, Elizabeth, has no personality. She reminded me of a robot who is asked to smile on command, take and order and bring the food to the table.

I wasn't impressed by Next Course and the only dishes I liked were the appetizers.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Really great food and a perfect spot on the outdoor terrace made it a very memorable evening. Maybe the food was a little better at El Quinepo but overall this was our favorite place overall. Casual, very cool and such a great vibe

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I arrived at yesterday from Vieques, first thing to do was to make it fair to the great food we ate and write a review. Loved it! Best risotto I ever had. Most of the times the consistency of other risottos are soaked in cream and cheese and the combination of too much results in a dense and heavy dish buuuttttt this was PERFECT. The wild mushrooms risotto and the tender beef with the mixes of spices I ate was to die for in this restaurant. The ambiance was romantic and made my experience in the island one to remember. Thanks guys!

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a variety of small plates, salads, vegetarian options and excellent entrees. My husband had a delicious scallop dish, cooked perfectly with lovely side if sweet potatoes.i had a shrimp first course a little spicy as requested with polenta a perfect compliment. Great service!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had reservations for Valentine's day. The staff and food were perfect. Great view of the jungle and ocean in the distance. Ambiance and tropical breeze made want to hang a hammock up and stay the night. Excellant food and top notch presentation. Chef is very creative. However, deserts seemed lack luster after such a marvalous meal. They were very good. Just not as on par as with rest of the menu. Worth going to the island just to eat here. I will be back.