Malecon House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtbeach chairsperfect locationplace to staycontinental breakfastwithin walking distancebars and restaurantsperfect hostsnice breakfastmini fridgeeach morninga wonderful staysun baypuerto ricosmall hotelbug sprayour entire stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed in the Malecon House in late May 2012 and it was so much more than what I was expecting. In the midst of a jungle of trees and wildlife, and yet perched on the beach over looking the water. It was so peaceful and relaxing.

Not only is the surrounding of the building impressive, but they have done an incredible job in their remodel. Very relaxing white walls, and beautifully placed skylights make you feel like you are actually in heaven.

As you could tell I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was incredibly helpful in setting me up with with local touring companies, and calling on their trusted Taxi's to and from the airport. The room was incredibly simple in all of the right ways. I stayed in the room "Tropico" and there was a huge balcony, an incredible bed, and a very nice bathroom.

I arrived expecting something much less... I don't know why, but it blew me out of my socks how pleasant it was. I was always beaming with a smile every time I returned home to my room.

I would and will definitely stay here again in the future. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Bacspinner
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for your review and for the great photos. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon. Robin

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I loved this place! Everything about it..the open and airy design, gorgeous pool area, beautiful patio, lovely flowers and of course Robin and Marsha. They really love and maintain this place beautifully. We really did our research before we booked and this place exceeded our expectations! We can't wait to go back!

It's super close to all the restaurants and bars. We loved the fish sandwich at Duffys and their passion fruit margarita..yum! We did the bio bay tour with Gary and did horseback riding with Esperanza riding company. Snorkeling was great at blue and green beach..the Malecon House is centrally located to all of these attractions. Plus we got engaged here!!!!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Debdeb84
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Malecon House is bright, airy, comfortable, immaculate! The owners, Marsha and Robin, are the perfect hosts. Marsha's breakfast breads were incredible. And, a day didn't go by that Marsha and Robin didn't offer assistance as we planned our time on Vieques. They helped make my husband's 75th Birthday Trip perfect, and we highly recommend the Malecon House.

Room Tip: The Lindo Room is a spacious, bright and very convenient first floor room. It does not have a private balcony or deck, but the Malecon House's front terrace and garden area provided all of the outside space we needed. There is a lovely lap pool with lounges also.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhereToNextMichigan
ViequesPom, Owner at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we could help make your celebration a special time.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had a fantastic stay. Marsha and Robin went out of their way to help us enjoy the island to the fullest. We would never consider staying at any other inn on Vieques.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank firsttimeentry
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Located on the end of the Malecon in Esperanza, the location could not be better as you can walk to restaurants and bars and trips to the biobay pick up right across the street. The owners were amicable and extremely helpful in providing recommendations. The room was immaculate. Breakfast was provided on the patio overlooking Esperanza beach. Beach chairs, boogey boards, coolers, and umbrellas are available for use at no extra cost. Everything is really well-thought out and owners really make sure you are prepared to enjoy the fine island and beaches of Vieques.

There are several nice isolated inns and resorts on Vieques, but if you want to stay at the best place for walking around and enjoying Esperanza and the nearby beaches, this is the place to stay without question.

Room Tip: Several rooms have balconies, but the rooms without are just as good because you won't be in your room with as much to do and see right outside your door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends