“Easiest to get to” 5 of 5 bubbles

$59.00*
and up
Vieques Bioluminescent Bay Night Kayak Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: If paradise had palm trees...they'd call it Sun Bay.
New York City, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Easiest to get to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Sun Bay is the easiest to get to and closet to the main road. It's a wide open very long beach. It's very beautiful, white sand and clear water. The views from the beach are beautiful as well

1 Thank michele030

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Local Hang out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is where most people go when they come to Vieques.I recommend going to Blue beach or Red beach.,,less people,like you have the whole beach to yourself.

1 Thank RConcertC
Encinitas, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very good beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Perfect warm blue water and white sand beach! Bathroom facilities are available and this beach is easily accessibile from the highway. We

Columbus, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wild horses on the beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I visited Isla de Vieques in May on our most recent trip to PR. We took the ferry without really having a plan and just picked a random beach to go to. We were pleasantly surprised. The beach was long and crescent-shaped with whitish-gold sand- pure white sand is very hard to find on mainland PR and something I crave in a good beach (I'd recommend Isla de Culebra if you're like me)- and calm water. There was nobody else there and we had the entire beach to ourselves! There had been a storm the night before and lots of seaweed had washed up on the beach, but it was still beautiful. Being the off season, there were no open concessions, but restrooms were available. My favorite part was the wild horses that live nearby and sometimes come to the beach. They were grazing on the seaweed and are quite tame- I got to pet a few of them and I fed one of them! Amazing- the highlight of the day!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank LKMartin
Hamilton, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Nearby Beach still feels miles away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed off the strip in Esperanza and walked to Sun Bay. We had a great day swimming and resting under coconut trees. It is a beautiful mile long beach with gentle ways.