“OK Food Great Staff!”

Lazy Jacks
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lazy Jacks is located on the South side of Vieques, Puerto Rico. Come hang out at Lazy Jacks, the place to relax on the Esperanza waterfront. Sit and watch the view and hang out with the locals. Full bar, frozen drinks, specialty beers, pizzas, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, salads and wraps, and pub food on the menu. Home to the the coldest beer and gourmet hand rolled pizza with homemade sauce. Open late! Friendly Bartenders! Right on the Waterfront! Nice Breeze! Always happy to see you!
Seattle, Washington
“OK Food Great Staff!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

So I would be lying to say the food was amazing but it does the job for decent bar food. It was better the last time we were there, but hey...it is what it is!!! The drinks are cold and the bartenders are outstanding...Crystal and John were awesome and we loved coming to see them after a long hot day at the beach. Fun, quick witted, and made us feel like locals. Lazy Jack's is the best option for beers, drinks and snacks on the Malecon, the only tip I could have for the owners is PLEASE fix your fans!! Most nights we would leave early due to the fact we were just too hot. I mean we are not looking for central AC or anything crazy just something to move the air around near the bar would be amazing on the nights there is not a breeze. The worst part is, is that you can see them all hooked up and ready to go...they just don't work. Other than that, keep up the great work and we will be back to visit again soon!

Visited September 2012

Virginia
“Great Pizza, great company”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our favorite spot to go after a day of snorkeling or just hanging around at the beach. Like many of the places in Esperanza (the village which anchors the touristy side of Viequez, if there can be said to be one), it is open air bar-type spot, but it distinguishes itself with surprisingly good food, including pizza, burgers and salads all of which we tried and enjoyed. The have a great selection of beers and mixed drinks. The people are friendly on both sides of the bar and it is a good place to meet locals. Like most of Esperanza, Lazy Jacks is relaxed and laid back, perhaps a bit moreso than the other places along the Malecon, which is the paved "boardwalk" along the oceanfront in the village of Esperanza. A spot you definitely want to try.

Plainfield, Illinois
“Better than going to bed hungry, I guess...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Wednesday, 4 Apr 2012 was the last night in Vieques for my wife and I. We headed out to Esperanza for dinner at 7 PM. We made no reservations that day, so we are winged it (bad idea, BTW). We stopped by Restaurante Bili, and they told us we could come back at 8:45. We thanked them and left. We then tried out first restaurant choice here, The Steakhouse at Orquideas, but found out they are closed on Wednesdays. We then decided to try Lazy Jack's. This turned out to be a mistake. They serve pizza, which wasn't very good at all. my wife didn't care at this point what kind of pizza we got because nothing on the menu appealed to her, so we ordered a Hawaiian Pizza and a Diet Coke and a regular Coke. As is usual down here, they bring us two cups of ice and two warm cans of pop. When we were at Duffy's Esperanza the other day, I figured out how to drink a warm Coke over ice without having it get all watered down. You simply pour out just a sip slowly over the ice and drink it down immediately. It doesn't have a chance to get watered down, and it actually gets somewhat cold. So I repeat this trick again tonight, and we enjoyed the company of one of the wandering dogs, who comes to sit by us until his lady friend came along, and then he left to court her. The pizza arrived overcooked and not very tasty at all. Nothing really redeeming about the whole dining experience, other than learning that I will not be going back to Lazy Jack's if I ever return to Vieques.

• Visited April 2012
Chicago, IL
“Great place for a beer”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Most locals sitting at bar were ex-pats. Great place to sit and have a beer. We did not eat here, but it looked mostly like bar food.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Average”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We hit Lazy Jack's at 2 pm one afternoon for lunch. You have to order at the bar and the guy who gave us the menus did not seem to care much that we were there. The kids had pizza and my wife and I had the fried shrimp and tacos. The food was not bad and the pina coladas were okay One of the people who worked at the hotel we stayed at told us that this is his "dive bar." I can see that. That said, I certianly have been to more interesting dive bars, especially on islands. Also, for what it is worth, I would stay away from the gift shop behind the bar which did not seem to have much worthwhile in it.