“Good food, slow service ”
Review of Bieke's Bistro

Bieke's Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Went there tonight with my
Family. The place was very busy. Our food was delicious but we waited about 45 minutes for our food. Also two items of the five dinners came out about 15 minutes after the other three. It took about 1/2 hour to actually order our dinner. Also our waters were not refilled for about 1 hour and 15 minutes and we were never asked if we wanted additional drinks. Our children, 14, 12 and 9 remained calm and happy throughout the experience but if you are a family that wants to get in and out, this is not the place for you. Again, the food was good, I had the grouper with coconut milk and ginger sauce, spicy but good. One daughter had fish nuggets, one had chicken wings and one had Chicken Milanese. They liked their meals but were starving. Husband had shrimp rellenos and said it was delicious. Good luck.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We both had shrimp and both dishes were wonderful. The Asopao (shrimp stew) on the appetizer menu was enough for a full entree (as the waitress had told us when ordering), making it the best value dish we had in Puerto Rico.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a great birthday dinner here! Reasonably priced, well-located (you can buy provisions at the store next door) and very good food! The wait staff was friendly and helpful and the portions were ENORMOUS!! Go.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had tried to get into a restaurant over a kilometre out of town that our hotel had said was great and very authentic. They forgot to mention that it was closed that day. Visitors to Vieques have to get used to random closures of businesses "just because". After a 4 Km hike there and back in the pitch dark with no sidewalks separating me from the crazy drivers, I was ready to eat a horse (of which there are many to choose from).

We stumbled by Bieke's Bistro in a total bad humour and I remembered reading a positive review, so we went in. We ate on the enclosed patio and were serenaded by a mentally ill person shouting obscenities from the sidewalk for about an hour, but that was not the fault of the restaurant.

I ordered the creamy conch appetizer with tostones and the churasco mofongo as my main. Mmmm, both were amazing, but if you are are on a cholesterol restricted diet, you shouldn't eat here (or visit any place in Puerto Rico, for that matter). My appetizer was essentially a thick conch chowder. It was so good! I wouldn't let my dining partner have any. The mofongo was very good, but had so much fat in it that my heart skipped a beat or two.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had lunch at Bieke's Bistro and it was amazing. The mofongo was excellent, the fish was very fresh and delicious and the service was impressive. This place will be in my list for our next visit.