“Enjoyed my first mofongo”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bieke's Bistro

Bieke's Bistro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican, International
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Antonio, Texas
“Enjoyed my first mofongo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I can't compare it to anything, but the Mofongo here (we had the steak version) was a good introduction. The scallops were also excellent. Prices are a bit high, but I suppose that happens on islands.

Visited June 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed one of your first mofongos with us! Thanks for giving us a try - We hope you decide to visit us again sometime soon.

Pa
“Does not like kids!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We called twice to see if they would make a grilled cheese for our two boys (or any kid friendly food) so we could enjoy dinner at this establishment. They said we are not child friendly both times. Keep that in mind when trying to find a place to eat. Nice setting

• Visited June 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
So sorry to hear about your recent experience! We definitely love kids here. If you'll allow me the opportunity, I'd love to chat with you further about the details and try to make it up to you. Please feel free to reach out to me by email via contact@biekesbistro.com.
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“went there when we came back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Always great! carlos is a great chef and we are always happy to visit and enjoy his pork chops.. always a delight

Visited February 2013
BiekesBistro, Owner at Bieke's Bistro, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Awesome news, thank you for that feedback! What could we have done differently to have earned that 5th star?
“Best food on Vieques”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband was skeptical about this place, but I dragged him along after reading the great reviews! Ever since he finished his mofongo, the only words I am hearing are 'this is one of the best meals I have ever had'. I had the shrimp curry which was absolutely delicious and we had calamari and chorizo for tapas. Even the cheesecake dessert didn't disappoint! You HAVE to come to El Patio while visiting Vieques!

• Visited June 2013
tennessee
“Restricted menu - service pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went on the day we arrived because two different locals told us this would be a good lunch option. There were 6 of us and we arrived on a Friday of the Memorial Day weekend for lunch around 11:30 am or so. There was a large section of pannini's which all looked great. When it came time to order I chose one and was told they were not serving any of the 12 of them. I then chose a mixed green salad and add a chicken breast and was told they were out of chicken. I asked for shrimp and was told they only had frozen shrimp so I just ordered the mixed green side salad.
The waitress recommended fish nuggets made on site and two of our group got these and said they were good. Two others in our group ordered the special of the day a beef stew special that they both raved about it. My husband ordered the chicken cordon blu and the special rice - both of these things were great.
I freely admit I'm a choosey eater, but I felt like the menu was pretty small considering no sandwich options were available and no protein available for the salad.
It was okay but if we went back to the island I would not go back here....

• Visited May 2013