“Best food on Vieques”

Bieke's Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband was skeptical about this place, but I dragged him along after reading the great reviews! Ever since he finished his mofongo, the only words I am hearing are 'this is one of the best meals I have ever had'. I had the shrimp curry which was absolutely delicious and we had calamari and chorizo for tapas. Even the cheesecake dessert didn't disappoint! You HAVE to come to El Patio while visiting Vieques!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went on the day we arrived because two different locals told us this would be a good lunch option. There were 6 of us and we arrived on a Friday of the Memorial Day weekend for lunch around 11:30 am or so. There was a large section of pannini's which all looked great. When it came time to order I chose one and was told they were not serving any of the 12 of them. I then chose a mixed green salad and add a chicken breast and was told they were out of chicken. I asked for shrimp and was told they only had frozen shrimp so I just ordered the mixed green side salad.
The waitress recommended fish nuggets made on site and two of our group got these and said they were good. Two others in our group ordered the special of the day a beef stew special that they both raved about it. My husband ordered the chicken cordon blu and the special rice - both of these things were great.
I freely admit I'm a choosey eater, but I felt like the menu was pretty small considering no sandwich options were available and no protein available for the salad.
It was okay but if we went back to the island I would not go back here....

Reviewed May 28, 2013

You have to order the steak or shrimp mofongo. It was the BEST we had on the island. And for $23 - each dish can feed two people. It was delicious!!! You have to come here for the mofongo if you are visiting Vieques.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Chef was so willing to accommodate special diet needs - gluten free! Thanks! And wait staff is adorable! Superb mojitos!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

While its true I only ordered the calamari, my seasoned nose and tongue bombarded me with thoughts of my last puerto rican lover's mother. This is the place to find traditional dishes. Plus, the staff and bartenders? Sure do know how to make a wine spritzer. Not traditional, I know. But a perk nonetheless.