“One of our two favorite restaurants on vieques”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bieke's Bistro

Bieke's Bistro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican, International
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
seattle
“One of our two favorite restaurants on vieques”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't think you can find better fish ( including their ceviche) or churasco. These guys know how to cook! Oh yeah...then theres the gnocchi, and the veal....Thank god haven't fallen into the nouveau "luxury" bug cursing Vieques. El Patio serves up fantastic food, more than generous portions, a comfortable setting with friendly staff...oh yeah, and reasonably priced. What a score! A rare combination on this island. As innkeepers we need to know what's out there...and el patio is right there on the top.

• Visited March 2013

Zanesville, Ohio
“Locals Weren't Wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The awning made it hard to find but you won't be sorry. The guy at Avis and others bragged the place up so my expectations were high. Wasn't disappointed. Food and service were great. Have pics of the protests up on the walls and atmosphere is good. I asked for some help on local food and ended up with seafood that was excellent. Parking on the other side of the street seemed better and easier for me. I felt more comfortable going before dark but didn't experience any problem of any kind while on the island. Great food and great experience.

Washington, DC
“Best food I had in Vieques”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I thought this was the best food we had in Vieques. The restaurant does not offer much to look at but the food is amazing. The waitstaff was friendly too. We had mofongo (shrimp and chicken), beans and rice, another rice dish, a fish dish and skirt steak. Everything was SO delicious. I wish we could go back!

South Londonderry, Vermont
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

So after reading the reviews and looking at the website I decided to take the plunge and bring my Mother, I ordered the conch mofongo and Mom ordered the skirt steak, The service was really good and our waitress was very nice however I found the food lacking in taste and appearance. The steak was a lackluster piece of meat and the mofongo was good, the conch was ick. We left dissapointed,and a few hours after our visit I started feeling ill and was nauseas part of the next day.Not saying it was the food, just something that happened after. I really wanted to like this place but it didnt happen for me.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Perfect service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellant food and friendly service. Location didn't offer must but it is a must eat place. I had the grouper with coconut curry and rice. Worth a trip back to the island just for this dish!

Visited February 2013