“Best food I had in Vieques”
Review of Bieke's Bistro

Bieke's Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I thought this was the best food we had in Vieques. The restaurant does not offer much to look at but the food is amazing. The waitstaff was friendly too. We had mofongo (shrimp and chicken), beans and rice, another rice dish, a fish dish and skirt steak. Everything was SO delicious. I wish we could go back!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

So after reading the reviews and looking at the website I decided to take the plunge and bring my Mother, I ordered the conch mofongo and Mom ordered the skirt steak, The service was really good and our waitress was very nice however I found the food lacking in taste and appearance. The steak was a lackluster piece of meat and the mofongo was good, the conch was ick. We left dissapointed,and a few hours after our visit I started feeling ill and was nauseas part of the next day.Not saying it was the food, just something that happened after. I really wanted to like this place but it didnt happen for me.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellant food and friendly service. Location didn't offer must but it is a must eat place. I had the grouper with coconut curry and rice. Worth a trip back to the island just for this dish!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

It's valentines day.,, luckily for me my man and I don't celebrate it because our anniversary is in 2 days - I'm a vegetarian and he is a meat eater we saw their menu on their website and were excited for a casual nights dinner ... We waited nearly 15 min for water another 5 to have our drink orders taken... Another 15 for the drinks to show up and although the patio is full the bistro only half full and the dining room empty we got 0 attention or service for the first hour we were there .. It gets worse (they have a special valentines menu )
He orders the conch chowder and I order the spinach /walnut strawberry salad his was Great- mine didn't show up til after he was finished with his chowder and what a rip off a handful of spinach half a strawberry one walnut chopped and maybe half a teaspoon of the vinegrette.. For $9?!?!??!?

He orders strip steak with Brie mashed potatoes I order the veggie gnocchi ... His arrives an hour after I finish my appetizer
My gnocchi never shows up
Oh yea and there was a brown out during our meal!

I don't care if this was a fluke its absolutely unacceptable

thanks for the free drink - but if I cared about this holiday i would have asked for a comped meal -

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had our first and absolutely fantastic bit of mofongo. Had the shrimp and garlic mofongo -- delicious. Good service, nice outside eating area, always fun to watch the goings-on in the street.