“Great fish”

Bieke's Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is a little hard to find, due to lack of a sign, but the food was great. I had the freshest fish ever, hand breaded and tender. The service was timely and friendly. It's on the main drag in Isabel II, just look closely! Nice outdoor porch for watching the street action, including horses being ridden through the traffic.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed one night on Vieques and this restaurant was recommended by the owner of our hotel. We sat at the bar in Biekes Bistro and got there before most people eat dinner. My wife and I had some fine mojitos and decided to order an appetizer. Chorizos Argentinos was so flavorful, I almost ordered 3 more plates. Fantastico! Then Chef Carlos appeared to talk to our bartender. We told him how much we liked it, and since he was not busy yet he decided to prepare some off menu appetizers for us. We had some octopus, pork ribs and veal over spanish rice. All three dishes were superb. My wife ordered a main course of marinated skirt steak and rice which we also split. This was by far our tastiest meal in PR. I would like to kidnap Chef Carlos and keep him cooking at the nearest restaurant to my house.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's a favorite in Isabel Segundo due to the interesting and tasty fare. Both the freshly made mahi mahi fish nuggets and the spicy chorizo meat pies were delicious. Unfortunately, the facility is a real downer. The patio seems like its one strong storm from falling apart, while the interior smelled from cleaning fluid. Even though it's on a main street it is hard to find because there is no sign outside. Just ask any of the locals for directions.

1  Thank StuS81
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Based on the appearance from the outside and an apparently missing sign, we hesitated to try it. That would have been a mistake. the food was quite good and had a So. American flair. Service as slow. The patio side din't have much atmosphere but the Bistro side was cute. We ate outside. My wife had her favorite meal on Vieques here. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Love Chef Carlos's food! First ate his cooking at the now defunct Uva's. It was one of the best meals I have had anywhere.

One of the best values on the Island. If you don't see something on the menu, just ask. Carlos will do his best to accomodate.

Can't wait to return.