“Slow slow slow service, reasonable food at good prices.”
Review of Bieke's Bistro

Bieke's Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
baltimore
“Slow slow slow service, reasonable food at good prices.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've eaten at this simple restaurant a few times now, local food, great value, but this last time the service was so bad that we might not try it again. However, the food is fine, so if you are not in a hurry, go for it, but do expect lots of fried dishes.

Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE WORST DINING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my first time writing a review on here because I usually cannot be bothered but I am so furious with my dining experience that I want to ward off anyone from making the same mistake I did by coming here. The experience of the meal took a total of 3 hours just for lunch and they were completely unapologetic using the reasoning that they were a small place and they were not used to crowds. You should not have more tables than what you can accommodate with your kitchen. Coming from manhattan and having traveled around the world I have had incredible dining experiences at small restaurants and even seek them out over going to more popular trendy places. After everything going wrong the bill was $120 for food that had clearly come from a freezer pack. Not my idea of a local dining experience and I would strongly 'trip advise' against said establishment.

1 Thank Nfitz104
London, United Kingdom
“Worst service of all time”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

As a firm believer in trip advisor... i am shocked by all these positive reviews !!!! I had such an incredibly negative experience !! Restaurant has about a quarter of dishes advertised on the menu... salad could have been from mcdonalds.. and i've sat for 2 hours on a dingy patio waiting for my mediocre food !! Waitress incredibly laid back and obnoxious. Not advisable by any means .

1 Thank Travelgirl8823
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yep, it's good--here's how to find it”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

El Patio must have lost its sign in the last hurricane, and the "Bieke's Bistro" sign is hidden by an awning. Here's how to find the place. Coming from the airport toward Isabel II, there is an intersection with PR 997, which goes to Esperanza. El Patio will be about 200 meters further, on the right, in a little "strip mall" with a laundromat. We came without reservations on Christmas eve and were seated right away. Warning--the patio is about 10 feet from PR 200, which is the main road into Isabel II, so it's a bit noisy. We especially enjoyed the four wheeled boom boxes. The food here was pretty much what all the reviews say--good and local. The mofongo (conch and churrasco) was novel and tasty. Skirt steak was, well, skirt steak. Tasty, but chewy. Just keep reminding yourself--it's Vieques, not Bermuda.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank drmac2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Conch Mofongo”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

That is the yummiest thing on the menu. I had the steak mofongo because I don't eat much seafood but my girlfriend had the conch mofongo and it was amazing. Also, they make their own house chimichurri sauce and I recommend that you buy a bottle to take home with you. It was my best souveneir purchase.

Visited December 2012