“A beautiful guesthouse”

Hacienda Tamarindo
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I flew to Isla Vieques to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The island is breathtaking, home of some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We chose to stay at the Hacienda Tamarindo and we were so glad that we did. Our room was beautiful and huge! We were adjacent to a library with a computer for guest use. The grounds and pool are immaculately kept with wild horses roaming in the distance. The breakfasts were tasty and plentiful, and the honor bar was well stocked with drinks and snacks. We took advantage of the beach lunch one day and equipment rental all three of the days that we were there. This was a great convenience! My husband and I took advantage of a promotion that included a jeep and a paddle board lesson. This was quite a bargain and great fun! We try not to visit an area twice but I would make an exception to revisit Hacienda Tamarindo.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angie B
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for choosing Hacienda Tamarindo and for writing that great review. It sounds as though you really enjoyed the island and took advantage of it's offerings. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on a return visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

They seriously have thought of everything! The honor snack/drink bar was perfect after a long day at the beach. The beaches are very remote and they offer to pack you a lunch to take to the beach in an insulated back pack! On top of this they have umbrellas, chairs, snorkel gear, etc. for rent. The breakfast is 5 stars and it comes with the room for free! The first day I had stuffed french toast. The only negative I have is that the french toast was the 'special' of the day and I wanted to have it all week long. Look no further. Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brett G

All I can say is Wow! and thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate feed-back, good and bad, so that we can live up to reviews like this.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I only wish I had stayed longer. I booked a great package deal which included a Jeep rental, but it was only for 3 nights, and part of the deal was to go to the bio-bay. However, be warned that the bio-luminescent bay is only open to tourists on the weekends, because the bay has recently dimmed. Our hosts were very accommodating, and let us use a credit for the cost of the bio-bay tour towards the honor bar and beach rentals. This was a great way to indulge in a very pampered stay.

The owners of the Hacienda carefully considered what their guests would like to do while on the island, and made every effort to allow guests great convenience to make their vacation a breeze. We loved packing light and knowing that most of our needs were already accounted for! Beach umbrellas, snorkel gear, bug spray, beach chairs, beach towels, picnic lunches, etc.

The room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean...and I think we had a basic room, but still it was extremely nice! One complaint was that the cleaning service came by before we left the room for the the day. They knocked, and we asked for a minute, and instead of leaving they went around the side where the room has slatted blinds and looked inside. It was a bit invasive, but I think they must not have heard us.

Their dog is adorable, and they have a great sense of humor. The pool overlooks the ocean. What else...oh! Esperanza Riding Company is just down the the driveway, you can walk there and grab a mango on the way, and I would highly suggest it. Breakfast was fantastic and very filling. The place is magical. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I wish I could go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlyssaRusso
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We are delighted that you so enjoyed your vacation--it's the way it should be. We very much appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us and others. It really makes a difference to us, and to future guests planning their vacations. I do hope that you will be able to come back. We love having happy guests!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I came to Vieques for our babymoon, the experience was perfect. The owners Burr and his wife for so gracious and welcoming. The rooms where not of the most luxurious but just perfect, we had a little gako in our room that was eating the mosquitos. Everything we asked for was provided, from rental beach chairs, coolers and umbrellas for our beach excursions. The place feels like a B&B in Vermont very cozy and welcoming. Great little bar area for some late night drink available for guest. The breakfast is spot on. We spend the days beach hoping explored all corners of the island, but that required a 4x4 wish i recommend everyone rents if you want to really enjoy the beauty and desolate beaches.
I want to go back now

Room Tip: Rent a 4x4 explore as many beaches as possible
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ygael
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

And, we want you to come back now! So happy that you enjoyed your stay, that you felt that we provided you with everything you needed, that you shared this great review with the Trip Advisor audience, and best of all that you want to come back. Hope we see you again soon. Enjoy your time before the baby, you will be very busy after. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough amazing things about this place! From the beautiful views, the wild horses, and the amazing breakfasts, it was a perfect retreat. Ivan was very honest and trustworthy as a host at the hotel who gave us great advise and help with everything we needed..we love Ivan! Everything you need is available. The honor bar is a great system for a late night cocktail or snack. And the pool is beautiful. And the hammocks are a great spot for an afternoon nap. Can't wait to get there again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda D
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

We are so pleased that you had such a great time. We love Ivan, too. We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us at Hacienda Tamarindo, and we definitely look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

my family of five stayed for four nights in the casa linda at hacienda tamarindo. it was fabulous. just great. exactly what we wanted. the breakfast each morning was lovely. the staff was all helpful and attentive. the pool and the hammocks by the pool made for lovely afternoons for us. the beach towels left in our room each day were perfect for toting out on our daily excurisions (sailing! snorkeling! paddleboarding! beaching!) our casa linda was a perfect way for the five of us to be together, though not too together. special touches were the wild horses outside my window, the honor bar with drinks and snacks, the beach supplies to rent (beach umbrella), borrow (beach chairs) or buy (we went through a lot of sunscreen.) ... great vacation destination!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ebeckartist
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

It sounds like you and your family had a great time in Vieques and at Casa Linda at Hacienda Tamarindo. We couldn't be more pleased, and we really appreciate your writing a review of your great experience. Our guests' experiences are important to us and we love it when they are like yours. We hope to see you back for another Vieques adventure.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Affordable, clean, very good service. Very good location. 3 min drive to cafes and bar. not beach front but amazing view. Not a hotel but W Hotel is not worth the money trust me. Family owned and has the charm. I will go to this place again. perfect location. This place is nicer than blue horizon or the rest. Hix island house(other lodging) has no airconditioning and has poor location. They serve breakfast everyday free. There is wifi free. I have researched other places, location and price, nothing can beat hacienda tamarindo. the place is safe and stunning views. Pool is also clean. Pool area has wifi as well. I looked at W hotel but the place is a rip off. 60 dollars resort fee for nothing. Hacienda is close to esperanza/malecon which I think is way better than the other town Isabel II. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bytin
LWVQS, Owner at Hacienda Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for that great review. We are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay and found it a good value. We love hearing from satisfied guests, and look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla de Vieques
Olive Boutique Hotel
Olive Boutique Hotel
#4 of 47 in San Juan
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel

Been to Hacienda Tamarindo? Share your experiences!