“Small and nice, amazing weekend trip”

Blue Horizon Boutique Resort
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was my fourth trip the Vieques, I love this island. This was my first time staying here, rented a house the other time. Place is grat relaxing, quite and peaceful. The pool is amazing, and always empty just how I like it. Coconut beach is a few minutes walk away, also empty. The drinks were good and the food was not half bad. Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: July 2012
InnontheBlueHorizon, General Manager at Blue Horizon Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Va B:

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We can't wait to have you back. Happy Holidays!!!!

Blue Horizon Team

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Rooms were a dump, Staff was extremely uncourteous, especially on the phone , I would never stay here again. There r no beaches within a ten min drive, and no stores either. They should really do some renovations on their rooms (like yesterday). Hope you enjoy the w hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Joshro
InnontheBlueHorizon, General Manager at Blue Horizon Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

It is clear that this is a false review; you never stayed at our hotel.

This was orchestrated by Eeelkay to ruin the reputation of our hotel.

Dear Eeelkay
“DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT”

I am sorry that your stay at the Blue Horizon was an unpleasant visit. I do thank you for your business and we take your review serious. Unfortunately you do not agree with our in room policy, which was explained to you and your party before hand. Our policy clearly states the violations that occurred while you where a guest here at the Blue Horizon. We are an ethical company that employees professionals with high morals, ethics, and outstanding costumer service to provide our guests the best possible experience while staying here at the Blue Horizon.

In regards to the disputed charges on your credit card we, Blue Horizon, do not settle those matters. The charge is reviewed by a third party, i.e. American Express in your case, and Blue Horizon response to the claim. The America express makes a decision if the charge is warranted or not. Blue Horizon provided evidence, about the charges, which American Express found to be sufficient enough to not request a refund from us, Blue Horizon. We take disputed charges seriously that is why we allow the credit card company's to be the judge when handling these matters.

Since you are unhappy with the extra charges that, American Express deemed warranted, you personal threatened staff of the Blue Horizon and said that it is your personal mission to ruin the outstanding reputation of the Blue Horizon and our company. You mentioned over the phone, that you and your friends where going to flood Trip Advisor with false reviews to try, in some way, damage our company. This is highly unethical, an act that falls on def ears, and discredits your review and the review posted by your friends (who where not guests of the hotel).

Once again Blue Horizon is sorry that your stay was not enjoyable and we are saddened that you and your friends feel the need to post false reviews.

Blue Horizon Management

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went for Bio-Bay ... Ill come back for the Blue Horizon!!!! Awesome experience... me and my girlfriend had no Idea what we were in store for... the staff was incredible and very caring. I was upgraded at check-in always a plus! We nearly missed our taxi to bio-bay and the Bartender offered to take us!?! now thats service!!! Also the rooms are extremely private and spread apart over a couple of acres, The Infinity pool never closes, you can eat or drink at it no problem, the bar doesnt close unless you want it too!!!! (the bartender will literally stay until you say no mas!!!!!!) And to top it all off I walked 30 yards outside my room to watch the SunRise cliffside over the ocean!!! Yep Yep ... We will be back! ... oh one more thing the book you guys keep in the room that has all prior guests remarks in it was really cool!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed twice in the last two years in this amazing hotel in the paradise island of Vieques. The first time, I went on a romantic trip with my boyfriend and, the second, with a group of friends and, in both occasions, I had a great time and did not want to leave. The hotel is full of personality and it is right in front of the beach with a stunning view of the horizon. The infinity pool is beautiful and perfectly located. You can sit on the pool stairs and look at the ocean while drinking one of the wonderful drinks prepared at the bar. At night, you can lay on one of the chairs at the pool and stare at the sky full of stars. I have never seen so many stars in my life. The restaurant of the hotel, Carambola, is excellent. I loved all the items in the breakfast menu.
The island of Vieques has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, located at the US Fish & Wildlife Refuge park, and it does not take long to drive there from the hotel. I also went kayaking with a friend to one of the tiny islands close to the hotel and it was a really fun adventure with crystal clear waters. I can’t wait to go back!!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bea M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Starting from the minute I called to book our vacation at The Inn on the Blue Horizon, I was immediately impressed. The hotel manager, Jeannette, was outstanding at organizing our entire vacation, from booking the flights from San Juan to the island, coordinating our ground transportation (both taxis and car rental) to making reservations at the hotel restaurant. She made what could have been a stressful part of the trip completely flawless. The grounds are simply the most beautiful I saw on the entire island, and the infinity pool overlooking the ocean was a sweet spot to take in the view. The restaurant is by far the best food on the island, and extremely reasonable in price, and every dish we ordered was worthy of 5+ stars. Our room was gorgeous, decorated in beautiful taste and overlooking the ocean. We enjoyed playing tennis every day on the two grass courts, and the Black Sand Beach that the property abuts is a great place to explore. The feel of the hotel is like staying in your own private villa, everything is in close vicinity to each other so if you forgot something in your room but are down by the pool, it's a simple two minute walk back. There are only 10 rooms which gives it such an intimate feel, and everyone from Jeannette to our extremely friendly bartenders know your name. I would not hesitate to recommend this gem of a hotel, and from the comparison made in person (including The W Hotel) this was by far the best place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the owner's suite, but the King Suites looked amazing! Thy had their own private de...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marathoner99
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in February of this year at the hotel We had our wedding there and we absolutely loooooved the hotel. We stayed in the main suite and it was just beautiful! The view was amazing and the bed very comfortable. The room was big and spacious and super clean. The service was great and all employees of the hotel were nice and friendly!!!! The hotel manager, Mayra made our stay very pleasant and took care of us the whole way through. Felt like being at home!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vilmarie A
Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you want to sit back and enjoy the view, the ocean, the pool, the food, the service, the drinks, the sky, the sun, the stars, and everything in between, this is the place. Anyone and everyone will enjoy the stay. We all had a great time, including our 3 1/2 year old. The service was superb. Will go back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
#4 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
Club Seabourne
Club Seabourne
#1 of 4 in Culebra

Been to Blue Horizon Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!