The W Vieques has been around for a number of years and the property was formerly a Wyndham. W has done a great job of updating. The rooms are lovely though the darker gray tile is a bit off for a tropical location. That said, the W fun furnishings are all there and the public spaces are great. Beautiful location. Lovely pool (a few too many kids for our taste but that was likely the time of year) Food was uniformly good and typically over-priced as is the case at most resorts. Ok, a few quibbles. Not big things, but in season at the prices they charge these should not be... 1) The staff was widely inconsistent. Some were great and very helpful, others not as much. All were nice just a bit distracted though the hostess argued with me about seating us by the water view because the other waiter's station had no people - needless to say that did not fly with me ; 2) why offer turn down that does nothing but put a piece of inexpensive chocolate on a your pillow - what about new towels, water, a room freshen up? 3) Speaking of water...we had to ask for the free water every day and the housekeeping staff had no power to bring. Needed to call the front desk, really? 4) One set of windows in unit was filthy - behind curtains but you wanted to open and see out - we are on the beach. Again, all small things on an otherwise beautiful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques