This place is perfect for couples. There are plenty of places to sit, relax, have a cocktail and take in the gorgeous ocean views. I recommend going during the end of high season/beginning of low season. Yes, this is the start of hurricane season, but if you're willing to take the risk, it's worth it. We encountered some light rainfall that lasted no more than 5-10 minutes. During our stay the second week in September, it felt like we had the resort to ourselves at times.
-Kayak and snorkeling gear included with stay (we toured the island beaches all day, snorkeled, took an exciting kayak trip out on the ocean)
-Gorgeous pool area, you can hear music when you're submerged in the water!
-Outdoor yoga class while watching horses graze in the distance (8am, not too hot out yet)
-Great breakfast and decent dinner at Source on the deck with an amazing ocean view (We ate there more than we expected. One downside to staying during low season is that most of the restaurants on the island serving traditional Puerto Rican cuisine were closed. The restaurants that were open all served the same menu - burgers, fried everything and other heavy options.)
Unfortunately, there was no running water the last night of our stay (which also happened to be the night we were celebrating my birthday, a milestone birthday). We were told it was an island-wide outage, but I don't understand why a luxury resort wouldn't have a backup water supply. After some failed communication with the property management, we called Starwood corporate customer service and they comped the night.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, but wish it would have ended on a better note. I commend Starwood corporate on picking up the customer service slack.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques