I would have given 3.5 stars but couldn't.
We're staying here right now for 5 nights. (March 6-11, 2013). The place is beautiful but quite expensive for what you get.
Beautiful pool area
Nice enough adult beach
Very courteous staff.
Not too noisy (we're in Room 223, second floor, directly in front of the adult beach
Good service at Blackbeards activities shop.
Plenty of beach towels for day trips.
Looking forward to our Bo Bay tour in two days.
Food is iffy and expensive
Breakfast buffet is $28. Service is not exceptional. No sausage. Poor fruit selection.
(But coffee juice and an entree is $29)
Poor room lighting for reading
Flat screen tv does not face bed directly and cannot be turned.
Very uncomfortable chairs on our balcony.
Ate dinner here our first night and it was a mistake:
My spouse's shrimp and pasta entree arrived lukewarm. My snapper and Rice was disgustingly swishy tasting. They brought my wife a new entree quickly but took forever to grill some shrimp for me to go with my rice.
You need a car here. The best beaches on on the south side of the island (Caribbean) as ere the best restaurants (mainly in Esperanza).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques