“Best beer selection in Esperanza (and the food ain't bad either).”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Duffy's

Duffy's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best beer selection in Esperanza (and the food ain't bad either).”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in Esperanza for about a week and had several meals here after being disappointed with some of the other places along the Malecon.

If you are a fan of microbrews, then Duffy's is your place. They had a good, diverse selection, even for a State-side restaurant. The beer list is broken down by style and had everything from light, wheat beers (including Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse) to full-bodied Stouts (Bell's Kalamazoo). Brewery's represented included Victory, Brooklyn, Bell's, Abita, Bear Republic, Anchor, Acme, Harpoon, North Coast among others.

The food was affordable, dependable and well prepared. I had the Miami Cuban, Black Angus Burger, Fish Tacos and all were pretty darn good, especially the burger. My wife (who is a vegetarian) had more limited options but finished every bite of her Hummus Burrito, Veggie Burger and Caesar Salad. The 3-dips and chips appetizer was tasty as well.

Service was good, while a little slow at times but given the general vibe of the Island I'd say it was right in line with my expectations.

The family who own Duffy's also has another restaurant called Tin Box which I would highly recommend.

• Finnish first
“Nice casual place by the ocean to relax, drink, and eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We had the fish tacos, special shrimp salad, and some drinks. The habanero margarita was very unique! I wasn't sure how the combination would be, and it was delicious! This place is super chill, and not really expensive. We enjoyed eating here.

tennessee
“Service was horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We sat at a picnic table on the deck facing the water - so we had a great view. Several people recommended the place so we gave it a try on our first night on the island.
I ordered the ground beef nachos thinking they were easy and should be good. They were served with cheese quiz and no grated cheese and the chips were stale. I ordered iced tea (only comes unsweet which was fine) and I asked for sweetener. the sweetener didn't come with the tea so i asked for it again then - it never came so I went to the bar and asked the bartender for it myself. The place was NOT jam packed busy the service was just lousy.
The others said their food was okay nothing to talk about. The others orfered fish tacos, burgers and some sort of chicken. No one got an appetizer or dessert and I would not go back.

Visited May 2013
Texas
“A little loud but great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Grilled kingfish special was amazing, and don't miss the house-made habanero sauce! Street noise was a little loud but food made up for it.

“Food okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I tend to try the specials, though I am disappointed that often their fish is fried. Grilled wahoo sandwich was on the special board that day, which pleased me. It was fishy, so I got the impression that it was not as fresh as it could be. My friends enjoyed their lunch. Price was right.

Visited May 2013