“cute guesthouse”

The Trade Winds Guesthouse & Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

it was at the end of the main drag and they had no copy of our reservations or our package that we had chosen on the website. luckily they had rooms available or we wouldve been out of luck!
we were there for only one night and found cheaper food further down the street that was delish.
the gift shop is full and one would be hard pressed not to find sth to take home. the rooms are basic but small and the beds were comfortable.
i left my iphone there and they were kind enough to offer to mail it to me when we emailed them.
restaurant is quaint and cozy with a good view.
all around best package anywhere for room and bio bay- 5 min walk to bio bay pickup.
breakfast included in room price

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ended up going to Trade Winds our first and last nights on the island. The atmosphere is fantastic - overlooking the Malecon, but removed enough to be out of the fray. The menu is pretty old school, but the food is well prepared. Hands down, it had the best fresh fish.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The service was fine, however many people we've ran into have stated there's a server that's uber rude. We sat outside and had to leave in a hurry after being bombarded with mosquitos. They offered to give us spray, but in considering a deet and dinner, it wasn't something we were up for. I ordered the special which was lobster, when i got it, it was a bit chewy (overcooked). I was given three broccoli florets total on the dish (weird) and a small bit of mashed potatoes. The food was overall okay. Being a lover of lobster, it was a bit disappointing.

Also, the server mentioned fresh fish was fresh flown in daily. We chose not to order the "fresh flown fish" only because when flying in to Vieques we flew Vieques Link, and during check in, there was a box of red snapper sitting on the ground to be transported from Isla Grande to Vieques. It wasn't refrigerated and it waited along side of our luggage for over 30 minutes. GROSS. It would be best to ask how they get their "fresh fish" before ordering.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved dining at the Trade Winds.

The dishes were memorably delicious, and the service was delightful. I visited on my last night, and wish I had one more so I could visit again!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good food right in front of the malecon. Very convenient location. Nice selection of foods including child's menu.