“Best Spot for Frozen Drinks on a Hot Humid Day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bananas

Bananas
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bananas is known as the "Island Meeting Place". We are on island time, which means no worry, no hassle. People from all over come here to drink, eat and people watch. So come on in and have a beer...how about a frozen pina colada? Whatever your poison, let our friendly servers be your host. Want a burger? We have the best burgers in the Caribbean. We also have great wings, huge salads, new vegetarian and vegan entrees and more. We are happy to announce that we have expanded the outside seating area for your enjoyment. New menu items, new drinks and new seating make Bananas your new “old favorite hangout”. Come join us for happy hour Thursday nights UPSTAIRS from 5-7pm: free snacks and a chance to win your bar tab…what could be better?
Gunnison, Colorado
“Best Spot for Frozen Drinks on a Hot Humid Day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading other reviews, I'm not certain when the "new" management took over the restaurant & menu. We visited in mid-February. Locals recommended Bananas for their frozen drinks & that menu was extensive. I had a frozen chocolate dessert-type drink & he had a frozen pina coloda that were very soothing on a hot humid day. We returned for dinner another night after time spent on Esperanza Beach. Would not recommend meals, all was mediocre. EXTREMELY Sloooooooow service ordering, then when food finally arrived, it was not hot! We waited longer at this restaurant than at any other during our stay on Vieques. Took MUCH tooo long to order & much toooo long for barely warm food. If they want to keep up with their competition, then they need to improve both their service & food. Best attraction for this restaurant is its' location. You can people watch since it is an open air restaurant right on the street. Get your frozen drinks here - save your meals for elsewhere!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank NatureLover99_11
Kurt and Kelly S, Owner at Bananas, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Good evening
We would like to introduce ourselves. My wife & I are the new owners of Bananas restaurant & Guesthouse. We assure you we were not the owners during the time you dined with Bananas. We are sorry your dining experience but we have no control over how the old administration ran there restaurant. What I can do is assure you that the restaurant & guesthouse is being run by a husband & wife team who are dedicated to customer service.
My wife & I have over 44 years combined experience in the restaurant business. Please feel free to visit our number one sister restaurant in Sturbridge MA. according to Trip Advisor.com!!!
We thank you for your review we hope to get the chance to serve you under our administration!!
Sincerely
Kurt & Kelly Soukup

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place to eat after snorkeling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great place to eat after a long day snorkeling. The staff was nice. The view was beautiful. The food was delicious.

• Visited March 2014
“Food Is Great, Drinks... not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

As soon as we heard that bananas had changed management (ownership) we decided to give it a try.
The food is great, lots of options and everything we ordered was tasty, get the caribbean salad and add some chicken! couldnt get better than that!

Victor was our waiter and I must say that he rocks! great service, knowledgable, he knew what he was doing! Though I can't say the same for the bartender, I understand she is the owner and has decided to take over the bar... BAD IDEA! worst drinks I've had!
They need flavor and alcohol, I felt as if I was drinking juice! I love to have a drink or two with my meal and this obviously made me want to think twice of ordering drinks and instead just get water, you can't go wrong with that.

All in all its a great place to sit down and enjoy a meal.

Long Island, NY
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a casual place with character. The food is great. It's very fresh with a lot of variety without being pretentious. We ate here 3X and it was better than much more expensive restaurants like Bili and Tin Box.

1 Thank noah3play
“Fish Taco's to Die For!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Best Fish taco's on Vieques. We really enjoyed the casual atmosphere, great drinks, and excellent food. Fish Taco's were fantastic as was the Paella.