“Relaxing and Romantic Vacation At The Waves”
Review of At the Waves

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
At the Waves
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been dreaming of a relaxing vacation and we really nailed it with this place. We stayed in the clean and peaceful 1 bdrm 1 bathroom unit that was bigger than our apartment in Brooklyn! Off the beaten path and gives you a true feeling of home. Anyone staying here will most likely consider moving to Vieques :p Ian is very welcoming and organized, he had a binder for us with a map, recommended beaches, information galore. We're definitely coming back with family :)

A huge plus......falling asleep to the sounds Of The Waves.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for a week in the 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit with our family - 2 adults and 3 boys ages 10, 9 and 7. We had wonderful stay on the island and found "At the Waves" the perfect spot to enjoy our week on Vieques. Everything is as it is on the photos. Ian is a wonderful host that provides everything that you need and is on site so if something comes up, he is there to help. He also leaves you alone so you feel as if you are in your own home. The unit was well appointed and it was great to enjoy the beaches and island adventure during the day and come back at night for relaxing by the pool in the late afternoon and cooking a simple dinner at home. The nights were so peaceful and I felt very safe in our location. We rented a car from Jurgen and he is great too. Waking up in the morning to enjoy coffee and the ocean view was just wonderful. I highly recommend coming to Vieques if you want to get away from the real world (but still need internet and phone access), enjoy pristine beaches and don't mind wearing shorts and tshirts and bathing suits all week. Thank you Ian for a great vacation!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrendaMadd3
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm so happy I found At the Waves. Ian provided everything including who to rent your jeep from (I recommend Jurgen!). Anything I needed to know, Ian or Jurgen knew, even where to pick up good sandwiches for the beach. It was perfect. I had the ocean right out my door without the noise of beach hotels. Then just a 20 minute drive to the southern beaches. Everything is close by but you definitely want to rent a car. Be sure to get directions to the property. My only mistake? I should have cancelled the rest of my trip and not left here. Seriously. Side note: when Ian mentions that the tile can be slippery when wet, take him seriously, even a little rain mist. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is just lovely! No matter how hot the rest of the island is, there is always a beautiful breeze here. The kids loved the pool, and watching the hermit crabs and lizards scuttle about, and eating fresh tasty coconuts from the trees on the property. Beautiful landscaping, and the units are spacious. I wish my bathroom and shower back home were that big! The kitchen is well-stocked and makes food prep easy, which was very important to us, with 3 constantly ravenous teenage boys (go pick another coconut!) Every time I thought I might need to buy something, there it was in the house, from sunscreen to coolers to swim fins to plastic wrap.
Ian is around if you have any questions, although most of the answers are in "the book" provided in each unit - a compilation of almost everything you could possibly want to know, from exactly where the best snorkeling is on any given beach, to where you can find kayak rentals, restaurants, nearby grocery stores and fish markets.
This was a really nice vacation, with plenty of adventure, combined with plenty of relaxation back at The Waves. And at the end, Ian went above and beyond by mailing me a box of stuff I left behind in the bedroom. Guess I got a bit too relaxed.
Oh yes, and last but not least, the dogs are very sweet - perfect canine hosts for a guest house, not too intrusive, just a nice warm presence. Maya has this strangely endearing quality of bringing a leaf to show you with apparent pride. Nice touch Maya!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank doghairstew
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and 3 daughters (ages 12, 15, and 20 years old) stayed here for a couple of days and I cannot begin to say how wonderful this place was! My girls didnt want to leave! The location was fantastic-oceanfront, great breeze, beautiful grounds, sparkling swimming pool with great decking and seating all around. It was our little private oasis. The accomadations were perfect, we stayed in the 3 bedroom, top floor. First of all, it was the cleanest place we have ever stayed, it was pristine when we arrived, and the furnishings were modern, new and beds very comfortable. Ian and his wife were great, giving us the layout of the island, and some ideas on what to do, without being intrusive. This location is top notch and we are already planning when we can go back and rent the entire place out, bringing all of our family and friends. They supplied all of the things you need for a perfect day at the beach, chairs, coolers, thick plush beach towels--things you cannot really bring with you on vacation!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Arcides C
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here and had a great time. The grounds are beautiful and the units are very nice. I could not ask for anything more. It was a great retreat and was also great because we were able to cook our own food and did not have to eat out every day. I love this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Derek P
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the week of Fourth of July, and this was exactly the type of place we needed to unwind from our busy jobs. At the Waves is nestled in a quiet neighborhood. The grounds were well-manicured, and our room was extremely clean with modern furniture. To those who clean the rooms and maintain the grounds - kudos to you! The kitchen had everything we needed to cook meals. Look at what is in your unit before you go shopping - we had plenty of paper towels, foil, and even cooking spray. There is also a grill by the pool for guests to use. Our room had a useful reference book with information on everything we could possibly want to do in Vieques, with phone numbers and maps. Rent a car if you stay here. As others have mentioned, At the Waves provides all you need to visit the beaches - cooler, beach chairs, beach towels, etc. I highly recommend driving about 15 minutes to Pata Prieta (aka Secret Beach) for a secluded soft-sand beach great for swimming and snorkeling. The beach directly in front of the property is nice for hiking, but you need to walk a little while to reach a less rocky place for swimming.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple