“Such a peaceful location! Well worth the visit”
Review of Jajome Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carite Forest Reserve
Jajome Terrace
“Such a peaceful location! Well worth the visit”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My partner and I stayed the night at Jajome Terrace in March.
Though we may have been the only people staying, due to the fact they have a lot of weddings held here in the season. We really enjoyed the peaceful setting on the Ruta panoramic. They have absolutely stunning gardens with beautiful flowers, tree ferns, humming birds and singing coqui frogs.
I watched a lovely sunset on our balcony overlooking the lush hills of the forest. The Ruta Panoramic wasn't for us, but it was a lovely stop off and good to see another part of Puerto Rico.

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank Pryan20

Solo
Black Hawk, Colorado
Reviewed July 15, 2010

When I first heard that I was staying here with a colleague for a work trip, I was hesitant. I wasn't sure I'd like a place that had no phones, clocks, t.v.'s nor radios in the rooms. I thought I'd be bored. I was sadly mistaken! This place is unlike anywhere else I've ever stayed. To put it simply, Jajome Terrace is beautiful. It is quiet, peaceful and tranquil. Upon returning to my room each evening, I opened a cerveza and headed to my private balcony to watch the sun set over the southern coast and ocean while being serenaded by the thousands of tree frogs. I stayed out there well after darkness had taken over the island.

Each morning I was greeted to beautiful sunrises over misted jungle topped mountains and a lovely continental breakfast of toast with homemade jam and orange juice. Not much, but it was so good! If you can, buy a papaya and the owner’s wife and/or daughter will serve it up nice for you for breakfast! The meal is served on the lower terrace in an open air location with views of the jungle. There is a nice boardwalk through the jungle covered grounds at the hotel with waterfalls and fountains too.

On some mornings, I’d take a jog along the road to the east and south that held more spectacular views of the southern coast. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I wish the restaurant was still in business though! The rooms were clean, nice and smelled fresh. I had room #4. I would and will stay here again. I am totally sold on the unique experience that the Jajome Terrace offers while in Puerto Rico. I can stay at a busy resort style hotel anywhere. This place offers something truly unique and genuine.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank jlfox74
USA
Reviewed April 15, 2010

A tropical paradise by day and a symphony of coqui songs at night.

Basic, clean, plenty of hot water, quiet, off the beaten track, just our kind of place. A continental breakfast is served on the terrace each morning but guests must go out for dinner. The Jajome Terrace restaurant is now closed but Meson de Melquiades is only about a three minute drive up the hill and is top notch. Great food and wine.

A guest business office with a computer connection is in the works and both our cell phones, T-Mobile and Verizon had good reception.

Owners Miquel and Maria and daughter Sara are extremely helpful and will make you feel VERY welcome. While we were there Sara setup the banquet hall to show several engaged couples how stunning a wedding & reception could be in the Jajome tropical paradise. What a place for a destination wedding.

We will be returning soon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank agardeniaintherain
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The drive up to Jajome Terrace is very windy, but the view on top of the mountain is worth it. I don't think the owners had down the day of our reservation correctly, but they made up a room for us. We were literally the only guests staying at Jajome Terrace that night.

The room was not air-conditioned, but on the mountain, it cooled down pretty quickly at night. There was hot water at night, but there was NONE in the morning. The room was very clean, and there was shampoo, conditioner, and soap in the bathroom. We left for dinner, and when we came back, they had filled our ice bucket for us, and given us some bottled water.

They provide a continental breakfast in the morning, and you eat in the former open-air restaurant and look out over the view. We had coffee, orange juice, toast with butter and jam, and papaya mixed with orange juice. Breakfast was simple, but delicious, and the view was great.

I would very highly recommend Jajome Terrace to anyone going to Puerto Rico. The view is absolutely worth it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheBeckmeister
Long Island
Reviewed January 18, 2009

My cousin's wife's family was from Cayey, and I had heard much about the famous Lechon pig roasts in nearby Guavate over the years, and I just finally made it there. What a day we all had together with vacationing family and friends, drinking, singing and dancing in the streets this past Sunday with the local people.

We purposely did not want to drive back to Rincon that night, where we were staying, so we looked into a local lodge where we could stay. Jajome Terrace certainly exceeded our expectations. Just ten rooms, but in an absolutely gorgeous setting, catering mostly we were told to destination weddings, but it was just our group in a couple of rooms that night staying there. It was wonderful and we loved it. You made us feel like very welcome guests. If you read this Sara, thank you very much again.

• Liked — Being made to feel so welcome.
  • Disliked — The car ride, but the isolation is what made it so special.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank saabdued
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I can't say enough about this place. It's a restaurant with room and both are above average. The trek up to the restaurant is a bit much if you coming from Guayama, do yourself a favor and take the main highway from San Juan. Either way, the destination is well worth the trip. Sara our hostess was phenomenal, she was efficient and a joy to talk to, even when the restaurant was swamped.

The rooms were small but very clean with absolutely stunning views. We got there just as the sun was setting and it was breath-taking.

The restaurant is on par with any of the finer places in San Juan. Out meals were incredibly tasty and very well proportioned. There was also a modest breakfast which was unexpected and much appreciated.

Frankly it was sad to leave. Thanks Sara!

• Liked — Our hostess Sara
  • Disliked — The road up to the location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ev94114
no. virginia
Reviewed August 28, 2008

While traveling in PR, my family and I needed a layover somewhere in the middle of the island. It's difficult to find many choices in this area that have websites or even offere reviews online. I contacted them directly 3 nights before arriving and had no problem booking their double queen room.
This time of year is slow in PR and allowed us to be one of only a few guests at the hotel. There are only 10 rooms with one of the most beautiful restaurants I have ever seen on site. I had read bad reviews before arriving, making me a little nervous. It was located about 15 minutes outside Cayey, up a hill, into the forest. I was about to give up when it appeared just around the curve.
The landscaping was immaculate. Service was given by the owners and their daughter making it very personlized. You can tell they all care about and love their business. I had the Puerto Rican Porkchop after being warned of its enormous size. I was not dissapointed. It was the largest cut of pork, besides a full rack of ribs, I had ever seen.
My family and I were hoping to hear the Coqui frogs on our trip. Here in the mountains the frogs were so deafening, it was amazing. Our room's view down to the Caribbean and the town of Salinas was like something off a postcard.
Travelers take note, I saw no truth to the bad reviews here. It's a perfect place to stay if you are traveling from one side of the island to the other. I'd like to have stayed longer and relaxed in the serene environment the hotel oozes!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Cidra Country Club Inn & Villas
Canyon Hotel
Canyon Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barranquitas

Been to Jajome Terrace? Share your experiences!