“Rainforest immersion”
Review of Rainforest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yunque National Forest
Rainforest Inn
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mt pleasant SC
“Rainforest immersion”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Rainforest Inn is a delightful place to stay . Peaceful,quiet and exhilarating all at the same time. After having a delicious breakfast , what will it be? A vigorous hike through the rainforest to the waterfall , relax on the patio,look at the beautiful flowers,learn about the surrounding area from the Humphries--- all of the above?

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just returned from PR with my family of four. We stayed 2 nights at the Rainforest Inn. The chalet was very nice and well appointed. Breakfast was even more awesome than I expected even after reading the many rave reviews. None of us are vegetarians by any stretch and we loved the food. The grounds and the view are simply amazing. We ate at El Verde (very local place) at the bottom of the hill and loved it..the chicken and sweet potatoes are incredible. The rainforest does have a LOT of sounds at night and it took us the first night to adjust, but listening to the frogs and birds is definitely a unique and cool experience. We did the private trail hike to the waterfall and my son and I swam in the pool there. The hike is also as advertised...very muddy and a bit challenging in places and absolutely beautiful. This is a very special place and we were fortunate to have found it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brett B
Weston, Ct
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My three daughters and I shared the Villas two queen beds; we were very comfortable! The patio is huge and you can see the ocean in the distance. Each morning I enjoyed the birds diving, singing, flying all around me as I enjoyed my coffee! So private and exclusive! Melanie the cook and housekeeper was lovely and offered advise on beaches, trails in the rainforest and shopping available nearby. Bill's trail just off the back steps was challenging, deep in the Forrest and magical as it culminates at a rushing waterfall and natural pool. My 19 year old said "this is the coolest place I have ever been!" This is a great B&B...Go!

Stayed March 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A perfect place to stay. Clean, friendly, right up in the rain forest. Excellent breakfast, kind and informative hosts. The sounds of the rain forest at night are an experience everyone should enjoy. You can't go wrong staying here! Phil and Sharma

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RDU
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here prior to a Southern Caribbean cruise for 3 nights. Would have stayed longer but dates were not available. Reserve rooms well in advance. Bill and his wife were exceptional hosts! My wife commented she thought this would be highlight of our 13 day vacation and it was only the first 3 days. She was exactly right. This was an amazing find in the Rainforest. The hosts have done an incredible job renewing the area after the hurricanes. The breakfasts are not to be missed, WOW! The private trails they have, especially to the waterfalls, are amazing. We are very adventurous birders and this B & B was the perfect spot. Don't forget, this is the Rainforest and you may get muddy and wet but this jewel is so worth it! The family is constantly improving the grounds and bringing the space closer to nature. Evening meals are about 15-20 minutes away, or stop by Ralph's Grocery on way in to pick up your food. The Hosts have great stories to tell and are just fun to get to know, however they do respect privacy at all times too.

Room Tip: There are 2 options available, The Chalet and The Villa. May be another room coming soon. Either is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayBoRdu
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Travelled here with my 17 year old son. We attended in July, 2013. Booked the two bedroom suite - it was very clean, spacious and very comfortable. As advertised, rooms are not air conditioned. Did not miss it! We opened the windows and got great breezes and sounds of the forest. When it rained - it poured - it was the most relaxing day of my vacation; listening to it outside the windows or sitting on the covered balcony. The coqui frogs are very loud at night but beautiful. I closed the windows at night as I am a light sleeper but was ok with the ceiling fan. Rooms have a supply of coffee, tea and water (water for the first night). An isolated property with gorgeous grounds and a lovely yoga studio where you can practice alone if it's not booked for other purposes. Breakfast changes daily and is delicious and plentiful. My son has food allergies and after alerting them in advance those needs were kindly and gently accommodated (I brought the gluten free pancake mix he eats at home and they made him pancakes and ensured he had other things to eat as well). Accommodations are intimate with only two or three (?) units. Staff very friendly and husband and wife team were very knowledgable as well. The husband knows his stuff about anything to do with the outdoors. This place is amazing and I dream of going back someday soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lailafromwpg
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rainforest Inn for a week at the beginning of December and it was one of our favorite things about our trip to Puerto Rico. The Villa and the property were gorgeous and we really enjoyed spending afternoons in our patio area admiring the beautiful scenery and watching the lizards and birds.

The hosts were extremely friendly and did an amazing job of providing helpful information for things we might want to see and do while in Puerto Rico, and we only wish we could have spent more time in the area to follow up on their suggestions. I guess that means we'll have to go back.

One of the things we really liked about staying at the Rainforest Inn was being able to prepare our own lunches and dinners. By having a full kitchen space to work with (there isn't a stovetop in the Villa, but we were able to borrow a hot plate for the week), we were able to save a lot of money on food through the week, which was especially appreciated because we enjoy doing our own cooking anyway.

I would highly recommend the Rainforest Inn to anyone who is looking for a refreshing and relaxing place to stay while in Puerto Rico, especially if you like the idea of taking your time to sit back and admire the beautiful sounds and scenery of the rainforest.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa and really loved having our own little patio area, but I'm guessing you c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm

Been to Rainforest Inn? Share your experiences!