“Loved it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yunque National Forest
La Paloma Guest House
West Tisbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Loved it.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Unbeatable view, nice pool, VERY kind and accommodating people. Clean rooms and comfy beds. Slightly on the rustic side which is fun, and overall I'd say it was lovely and is totally a worthwhile place to stay. I'd definitely go back.
Bella B

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We also came from Culebra, also a penta of 5. Two teens, and the experience we had with Nilda was beyond words. She took us in as one of her family and we all preformed a Moon Ritual with her and her family in her circle of stones one clear evening. Drumming, making wishes around a fire her Grandson Danny built. Tiana her daughter on a drum, with her daughter Tiffany and Son Joey. She showed us her Tiano artifacts and petricliffs and where to walk a more remote trail with the Guide Robin Phillips. We all had an amazing spiritual time we will never forget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Xty P
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We only had one night to stay here. we came over from Culebra on the Ferry after 8 nights and wanted to visit the rain Forrest the next day. there were 5 of us including 3 adult girls ages 21,19, and 18. Nilda was awesome. we all regretted having to leave the next morning. Had we known what a wonderful hostess Nilda and her family were and the things they could have shown us, we would have planned differently. Oh well.. next year well get them to take us to see the Monkeys! :)

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard J
VT
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nilda is great, and the guest house truly is in a stunning location, although rather remote. It’s on the edge of the rainforest, but don’t let that fool you into thinking this is a convenient location for a visit to El Yunque – it takes almost an hour to drive back around to the park entrance; you’d be just as close staying in San Juan! Nilda will rent out her extended family members to drive you around if you don’t have a car, though they’ll charge quite a bit for this “service” (it’s still cheaper than a taxi though). I didn’t go in the swimming pool but it looked nice enough. Beware the mosquitos at night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank R M
River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I felt privileged to spend a few days at La Paloma Guest House near Ceiba, Puerto Rico this week. Nilda, the owner, was a welcoming and attentive hostess. I was traveling alone, and I felt like she adopted me for the week. On the first night, she took me to a stone ritual circle on the hill behind the house, where we watched the rising moon and took in the incredible view of the rain forest. I learned about the Taino culture, Puerto Rico in general and the rain forest just to name a few of the many topics Nilda was willing to share about. The coquis sang me to sleep every night and it could not have been more relaxing. The family was terrific, respectful of space, yet always seemed to be right there when you needed them - sometimes a difficult balance for some B&B owners find.

This place is rustic, just want I wanted, but be aware of that if it's not for you. For $65 a night I got breakfast, a couple of dinners even, the view and a some new friends. I strongly encourage you to get yourself to La Paloma is you are visiting Puerto Rico and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of San Juan.

Room Tip: I had the room next to the pool and loved it.