“Amazing and beautiful jungle, Moonlight Bay Hostel Tours”

El Yunque Rain Forest
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Full-Day Rainforest and Waterfall Adventure from...
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Covering 28,000 acres, and receiving more than 200 inches of rain per year, El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rain forest in the US Forest System. Noted for its biodiversity, the forest is home to more than 400 different plant species. It has more than a dozen maintained trails for hiking, picnic pavilions, stone towers, rivers, waterfalls, and an interpretive visitors' center.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 24, 2013

During my recent trip to Puerto Rico, I decided to visit the El Yunque Rain Forest. I thought it would be best to go on a guided tour, because I wasn't sure where to go for the best experience and scenery. Needless to say, I was BLOWN AWAY! The jungle was unbelievably beautiful and my friends and I had an absolute blast. I stayed at the Moonlight Bay Hostel in Fajardo and took one of their rain forest tours. We climbed up waterfalls, swam in pools with fish, jumped off rocks into swimming holes, slid down natural waterslides, hiked through the jungle and had lunch at a little local restaurant. The rainforest was green, lush and beautiful. The swimming holes, jumping rocks and waterfalls were AMAZING!! If you go to Puerto Rico, definitely check out the rain forest. You'll be glad you did. And if you like hostels, definitely stay at the Moonlight Bay Hostel in Fajardo and take one of their tours. The El Yunque Rain Forest is incredible -- I highly recommend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,690)
All reviews
in 77 reviews
"la coca"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We rented a car and drove there. Quite a ride up the mountain! We had limited time, so we decided to take a hike to the waterfalls. The pools are large enough to swim in and quite beautiful. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to explore. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited PR a few weeks ago and it is now on my top three places for BEST vacation spots. PR is absolutely beautiful and the people are extremely nice and pleasant which made my stay warm and welcoming.

During my stay, I visited the el yunque rainforest which Robert Moreno from Borikua tours gave my group a tour. He was by far the best tour guy ever (and I've traveled to several different places). Robert was on-time and he is extremely professional. He explained everything so well and he knows his history. To add, Robert was extremely patient and resourceful.

If you are traveling to PR and is not sure of a tour guys, check out Robert. I already recommended him to a group and they to were pleased. You won't be disappointed.

PR is the BEST!!

1  Thank aholder2851
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I did this on our own and had a great time 14 years ago. We were on the Disney Fantasy and booked the excurison but a very big disappointment. It was 45 minute bus trip each way. You only saw one waterfall just off the road, went on one 1/4 mile walk in the rainforest and climbed one tower. At the end it was a joke you went to the visitor center and saw a movie and walked through exhibits and gift shop. I would not recommend doing this as part of an excusion but to instead do it on your own.