“Another example of credit card fraud...with no response...do not stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ponce
Casa del Sol Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Ponce B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Once again...credit card was randomly charged hundreds of dollars after my stay. If you stay, pay cash...if you use your card, then get a new card NOW...

• Stayed: April 2009
9  Thank SatyaWorldwide

Reviewed April 3, 2009

I just looked up my credit card account and I've got 4 charges totaling over $2000! Watch out! I never even stayed at this place. i jsut reserved a room and later cancelled.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
7  Thank dzale19
Reviewed April 1, 2009

This is a noisy, in-town hotel just 2 blocks from the Plaza. We were there for Carnaval. The hotel was pleasant enough for the $75 nightly rate. You get a scenic location, safe parking, a nice bar & helpful staff.

A week after checking out my card was charged $475. At first I thought this was an error. Phone calls to the hotel were not useful, they wanted me to send in details of the overcharge so they "could show it to the bank" to facilitate the refund. Three weeks later no refund yet so I'm taking it up with my credit card co.

Would recommend you pay in cash, not credit.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NeilfromDayton
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stayed in Casa del Sol for the Carnaval Ponceño, which I had never seen. I called and spoke with Nancy who got a good deal for a room at the last minute. That I was very appreciateive of. I left Ponce happy that I had partaken in the 151st carnival. I also left happy because the hotel didn't cost me an arm and a leg. One month after I left Puerto Rico, I received a charge of $395.00 on my card. One month after... Right now my bank is in the process of getting me my money back. I was happy with everything that was done for my son and me and am thankful to Nancy for the assistance. But am disappointed that something like this happened. I left Casa del Sol satisfied and with a bill paid in full... then I get another transaction one month later.

• Stayed: February 2009
6  Thank EldePonce
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We stayed in Casa del Sol for 7 days. I am native to Ponce so I feel badly about being taken. My husband and I spent nights at the house but went to see relatives during the day. I was asked to pay in full the day that I made the reservation and I refused. They charged the full amount of the 7 days on the first day in Ponce. After coming back home, I found out that , besides the charge for the 7 days, I was charged $1,200 to my credit card the same day that we checked in, 2 days later they charged $475 and then $250. My call to the manager was not answered , and when my sister went to the Casa del Sol, the assistant manager told her to tell me to send the information by e-mail. This is NOT A MISTAKE, this is a pattern with them . I wish I had read the Trip Advisor before the trip.

I reported the fraud to my credit card bank and closed my account immediately. I will work with them to see some closure. In the meantime, I will try to contact some agencies in town to report the theft. I called the police in town, but they needed me to fill out papers to report to the FBI. This is a federal crime. I do not want this to happen to anybody else.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RookieMinnesota
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed in this hotel in January, and had a great time. I payed with my debit card for both nights at that time. Then in February I discovered that my card had a charge of $700 from Casa del Sol. I immediately called them, and beyond talking to the manager and 5 other employees on 5 separate occasions - I still have not been refunded. If you stay here pay cash!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank adventuretraveler20
Reviewed March 16, 2009

We stayed three nights in February and paid with a credit card. We had, however, given a different card number over the phone to hold our reservation. On five different occasions (so far) that other card has been charged for large amounts of money - a total of over $3100 so far.

I called and have been unable to contact Douglas, the owner. I have spoken with Julio, who I believe is the manager. He said I had to fax him a copy of the credit charges - I couldn't just give him the information over the phone - and he would go to the bank to have them credit my account.

He asked if we had spoken before - meaning he was confirming that other people have also experienced this fraud.

I intend to write a full review of our stay after this is cleared up. It is a very interesting place. I truly hope this is just a case of one employee gone bad.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple