Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino
$117
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskcolonial roomlola restaurantwalking distancesmall poolparking garagejunior suitestayed one nightsmall hotelhotel is beautifulhotel staffmain buildingpuerto ricoparque de bombasramadalolascarlos
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at the building in the back since we needed 2 beds, the rooms are OK, beds are comfortable, the bed skirts were very dirty, although the sheets were clean, good parking facilities. The bathrooms are unacceptable. Just regular bath towels, no hand or wash cloths. The bathrooms were made from the cheapest materials available, not acceptable for a 3 1/2 star hotel. Even though when we checked in the room the bathroom was clean once you use the bathroom once it is a mess. Melao is a great coffee shop!!!! Highly recommended. Lola is a good restaurant. Very convenient location. One more thing, make sure you get a room very far away from the ice machines they are very noisy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank no_name344
Reviewed March 6, 2012

comfortable, lovely rooms, the best place in the city to stay 2 o 3 nigths, the front desk agents are so sweet and friendly, specialy natalhia and carlos...ask for the historical rooms

Room Tip: "ask for the colonial rooms or historical"
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jose g
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Upon arrival at 6 a.m., we were greeted by a kind and informed night desk agent. He was the friendliest of them all. I would have given a 5 if they other agents would at least look at me when I asked them questions.

I asked about the complimentary breakfast posted on their website and was told by an agent who looked like he rather be elsewhere that they no longer do the free breakfast. I mentioned that it was on their website and that should be corrected. I didn't ask for any comps, however, upon returning to my room that evening, I was pleasantly surprised with an envelope with free breakfast at Melao. The food was great and the coffee was even better. I appreciate their efforts in rectifying that website error. The cashier at Melao was great at her job.

Also, the housekeepers were very friendly and sweet. I enjoyed my room and my stay. I really only used the room to sleep as we were out early and back really late.

The valet is kind of a joke but when they weren't around we just went to the Front Desk and retrieved our keys. I don't think they should charge $10 a day since it really ISNT valet services.

Ponce is such a cute colonial town. Loved it there!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor near the ice machine and had a great experienc all around.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isa D
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here for the Carnaval Ponceño from Friday Feb 17 to Sunday Feb 19, I took this long for the review because I was waiting for the charger to my camera (more on that later).

The nice yellow building houses the front desk, lobby, restaurant and kiddie pool (any adult would be embarrassed to get in this "pool"... VERY small... in the pic it looks big.. IT IS NOT!! There are 6 rooms in the yellow building which are the colonial style rooms with the checkered floor. There is another building in the back where the rest of the rooms are. My room was spacious and clean (very important). Bathroom was big as well. You can't control the A/C temperature in the room (bad job Ponce Ramada) The flat screen TV has your usual basic channels. You have a coffee maker in the room and housekeeping will bring you a coffee bag if you want to make more coffee. Valet Parking is 10 bucks a day, but they start at 11 am. I never needed my car before then though so it wasn't an inconvenience. The "fitness centre" is another joke like the pool. A padded floor with 3 little rinky-dink machines that felt like they were going to break when I got on (I'm 6'0" 215 lbs, so it wasn't me) This property should not even advertise a pool and fitness centre. The restaurant of the hotel "Lola's" seemed a bit pricey even though I heard great things about it, I did not eat there. Wasn't in the mood to splurge, especially with all the kiosks outside for the carnival with a wide variety of foods dirt cheap, be warned-- I came to Ponce because of the carnival, for the most part this is a ghost town. No pharmacy within walking distance-take note.

I checked out and discovered when I got home that I left the charger for my camera in the room. (ARGGGGHHH!!!!) Valle from the front desk was very helpful and coordinated with housekeeping to get it back for me. Good job Valle!

In summary: I would have given this property an "Average" rating but it will get a "Very Good' because of Valle's efforts to get my charger back. This hotel offers a clean room in an ideal location. Especially if you need a cheaper option in the Ponce area. i will be returning here again :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JK F
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed here for business travel when the Hilton was booked. The photos on the hotel's website make the place look much cleaner and luxurious than reality. I stayed in the second (lavendar) building and had a room with a patio. The patio overlooked a vacant lot full of rubble. The bathroom was minimal in size and amenities. No toilet paper roll holder; the roll sat on the back of the tank. No washcloths or hand towels, just full-size bath towels which were pretty worn. The tile in the shower and bathroom had grungy grout and the lighting in the room was terrible. Blankets on the bed were extremely thin and cheap. There is no continental breakfast despite what you might read on the website. And the neighboring coffee shop doesn't open until after 7 am. Parking is valet in, but get your own on the way out, even if you're blocked in by other vehicles! Overall not impressed, even at ~$100 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a front building room if you MUST stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business