“Ok... but wouldn't visit again”
Review of El Turpial Boricua

El Turpial Boricua
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Ponce
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

It's Ok food for the average... nothing different and there's nothing my mom my grandma or I couldn't make at home. Don't recommend it... There are better options

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to this place following a friend's recommendation. I was told it was good, but the truth is that it was amazing. Service is excellent, employees will offer the menu, plus some extra stuff that may not be in the menu. My wife ordered a sangria OMG amazing. For starters we ordered the croquetas stuffed with bacon and cheese; Trust me when I say it was not a starter, it was a complete meal.
I ordered the mofongo stuffed with crab and octopus, my wife pollo salteado (sauteed chicken). Both meals were really good!
I honestly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Definitely will come back!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everything, the place, waiters and food was excellent. We ordered two signature dishes and both tested delicious. I want to go soon again!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

On the outskirts of Ponce, this restaurant is amazing. A must do! Fantastic Puerto Rican food. It's a bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thanks to a few reviews in Yelp, I was able to find this location. If you're driving there - please don't make the same mistake I did and use the GPS - it will get you lost!!!

Call and get directions if necessary. The staff speaks english well and they will guide you to ensure you get there. We sat down and quickly drinks were brought out to us. We went there on a Saturday night and the location wasn't packed - but each table had food and the faces said it all - YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Every plate we received was excellently made and seasoned. Portions were GIGANTIC!! My friend and I ordered a mixed plate that included pork, a skirt steak, mofongo and vegetables. Let me tell you - everything was just awesome. The steak had a great sear to it and the chimichurri sauce was sooo complimentary that it just made me want to eat it faster and enjoy it above all. The Pork pieces in our plate were nicely seasoned, the mofongo that came along with it was tasted soo good - nicely seasoned and not overdone.

We were sooo full we couldn't have dessert. However, the drinks were just outstanding and very heavy poured - like they just wanted you to have a nice time. Every waitress came over to us at least once and smiled, making sure we were taken care of, had glasses full of water and were satisfied with everything.

Please - go today!! You will not regret the short drive from center Ponce - the food will be memorable. I'm back in NY now and I can still taste that great steak from over a week ago.

1  Thank Jose C