“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

Everything about this hotel was great. The staff at the desk and the security guard were very friendly and helpful. It was very reasonably priced. The pool and breakfast were very good. There is a charming pond with turtles and large goldfish on the grounds. It is right next to a raceway but we didn't notice the noise in our room and I'm pretty sure it was a race night. There were very few guests when we stayed which was kind of good in that we got the pool to ourselves. If you are visiting the south coast this hotel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank coquiOmaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
PR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

THOUSANDS of mosquitoes...even inside the room. The only solution the front desk gave e was a can of OFF!!! The place was intolerable; even inside the pool you heard the mosquitoes flying all over your head. Well..I just left at 8pm and went around Ponce with some local friends and then stay on their house until 5:30 in the morning. I took my time to write this paragraph is because I was sooo disappointed…BETTER STAY ON YOUR CAR!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ElectronicPR

Travelers are raving about these Ponce hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

On the first day someone tried to enter the room and when I went to call the front desk and found it closed at 11:00pm. Security was available but not very vigilant. Other guest in the hotel were rude and younger guest were unsupervised. During our stay there a group from Venezuela Taekwondo was there and they were young and unsupervised. Though I reported to the staff my discontent with how much noise there was, little action was take. Also there is a drag strip track to the rear of the hotel where they run cars till about 1:00am, this is never disclosed and no apology was offered for the excessive noise. I have stayed in Puerto Rico cuntless number of times and have never been so disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OEFWarrior
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

It was the worst hotel we ever stay in. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. But good luck to those that do stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Mamidear
nyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

This place is a dump as well as the other 6 hotels we stayed in here in Puerto Rico. Actually I should day this whole island is a dump! I usually travel once a year with my family and we had travel to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Bahamas so we thought we would give Puerto Rico a shot and it sucked! First we reserved a suite with supposedly a full kitchen but all i saw was a cheap microwave and a small refrigerator. The double beds were stained and the sofa bed was full of bed bugs. In all 6 hotels there were beds with bed bugs here in Puerto Rico. I was so disappointed! Please dont get fooled by the price because its just not worth it!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank aventnyc
Lansing
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stopped for the night having no other plans. The room was very inconvenient, as the internet cable was behind the furthest bed and the desk was in the opposite corner. The AC unit was very noisy. There was no place to plug in the computer or recharge my phone. The tub did not drain, so the water was past your ankles by the end of the shower. Also there was no beach, as the water was contaminated.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIOldLady
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

The southern coast of Puerto Rico was the second stop on a Spring Break vacation for my soon-to-graduate son and I. Our stay was courtesy of my many Choice Hotels "frequent-sleeper points," and as I've stayed in as few Quality Inns as possible, my expectations weren't very high. I must say they were exceeded, in a few areas at least.
The approach to the motel is the first clue to the uniqueness of this property: you drive through a tunnel under a roadway plastered with race track signage, e.g., checkered flags. The lobby is open with a tile floor and rattan/wicker furnishings throughout. The grounds of the motel are very tropical, with lots of palm trees and hammocks, a long, shallow turtle pond, and a crystal clear swimming pool next to a gazebo bar. The room layout is quite convoluted, making it very easy to lose one's way multiple times. The rooms are very spartan, not unlike nearly every other Quality Inn I've experienced all around the mainland. Our first room had a leaking ceiling, so they moved us to another nearby room with no leak, but a running toilet. At first I thought that would be a problem, but later I learned otherwise. The sounds of the running water would have been much preferable to those of the race car engines and Ponce International Speedway announcer. But, after a long day driving over from San Juan, my son and I were tired enough that the noise eventually lulled us to a very welcome sleep. The morning repast was definitely a "continental" breakfast, mainly cereal, bagels, breads, and pastries.
All in all, not bad for a "free" room. It's very centrally located along the highway making it easy to get to dinner the first night and back on the road to the eastern shore in the morning.
Had I paid $100 for it as some of my fellow reviewers did, however, I might not have been quite so cheerful.

• Liked — The grounds, and the convenient location.
  • Disliked — The stark rooms, and the noise from the raceway.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank jjseal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Hotel Belgica
#4 of 7 in Ponce
Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929

Been to Quality Inn El Tuque? Share your experiences!