“Decent coffee, but you can get better elsewhere...”
Review of Melao Coffee Shop

Melao Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Ponce
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Melao Coffee Shop offers a variety of coffee such as Frozen Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Capuccino ect.... Also Melao has sandwiches for breakfast and lunch, homemade cupcakes, Chirardelli chocolates, and much more... Visit us! Open 7 days a week
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wanted to like this place, but sadly the coffee is sub-par and the food average at best. Don't get me wrong, the coffee is still pretty decent if you are an American here visiting. But if you are a true coffee lover you will not like this place, especially for the price. I tried some of the sandwiches and they were terribly overpriced and simply too... common. If you are a tourist on the island a Ham and Cheese sandwich on any Panaderia (local bakery) costs around 2 bucks and are made on fresh baked bread that is crunchy outside and soft inside. Here on Melao you get a mediocre bun for 7 dollars.

I found the place to be clean, has decent ambience and the staff was nice to you. But you can surely do better in Ponce than here.

1  Thank Aegis2K

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We order a some cupcakes for a friends birthday because we were told they were the best in Ponce, but it was far from it. We gave the lady specifications as to what we wanted. When my friend went to pick up the order it was all wrong and the cupcakes tasted awful. I do not recommend the cupcakes.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I visited three different times. Every time I was served an average cup of coffee. The service never merited praising. The location is only convenient if you are staying within walking distance. Driving here and finding parking may be difficult. Haven't gone back in quite a while.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This establishment offers good quality coffee. A few pastries are also offered but I did not try these. The service is slow and poor.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a great coffee shop. The frozen drinks are go great too! Try the Signature red velvet! It is not as expensive as Starbucks and you get to taste real Puerto Rican coffee. It is located in the Ramada Hotel yellow building in front of Plaza las Delicias. They make cute "drawings" on your freshly brewed coffee!

1  Thank Jossie R