“Horrible service, long waits, below average food. AVOID.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #47 of 126 Restaurants in Ponce
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Italian casual restaurant
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Horrible service, long waits, below average food. AVOID.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Subject says it all. I arrived around 8PM on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was nearly empty--there were maybe 3 tables full, and 4 other bar patrons. Other than that the place was empty.

I ordered a Bruschetta appetizer and a ravioli entree. After 40 minutes, I asked the bartender what happened to my appetizer, it has been almost 45 minutes--he came back and said "just a few minutes". Well, it took nearly an hour to get my appetizer of just bread & tomatoes - so I asked to speak to the manager. I explained that it was completely unacceptable that I had to wait almost an hour to get an appetizer that is simply bread & tomatoes!!!! They were totally un-concerned about my long waiting time---and my dinner came out at the same time as the appetizer. I asked them what they could do for me to make up for the ridiculously long wait (while I am drinking $9 glasses of wine...) I had to bargain for them to take the app off my bill.

Their attitude was terrible, completely unconcerned. On the bill, where they removed the APP it said "reason: COMPLAINING".

DO not visit this restaurant - it is terrible, and the service attitude is abysmal.

• Visited February 2013

“Delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, very clean. Delicious food, good portions. The prices are litlle high but you receive for what you pay. Excelent service and very good food. Highly recomended.

Minnesota
“Nice place, overall good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill in Ponce on November 19. This was our first trip to a Macaroni Grill so I did not know what to expect. The restaurant was nice and I liked the atmosphere. The paper table covering with crayons was a cute touch. The waitress wrote her name on the end of our table so we would not forget her name. She offered several suggestions when we asked. She spoke fluent English so we had no issues understanding each other. My husband had a spicy pasta which he really enjoyed. I had a pasta with chicken. (I don't recall the name of either one). The servings were large and we were only able to eat about half. Dinner for two came to $25 with tax. If in the area I would probably go there again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“The service was 100% excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The service was excellent. From the hostess, to the waitress was excellent. It was a party for 3. We started by ordering a two for $11.99 appetizers (recommended by the waitress) spicy meatballs and some brusheta. Then my sister ordered a "lasagna bolognese" (she found it delicious), my wife had a "penne rustika" and I had the new Carmela's something. I can't remember the whole name. It was delicious, although it didn't have enough chicken. It had about 4 strips of chicken. The bill went up to $75.00 for the three of us without tip.

Ponce
“Bad service and plate integrity!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The site and the atmosphere are nice. But service personnel always fail on give a good service. I had been there on different times and the food never tastes the same and sometimes missing ingredients that were on the menu. Even the Mac and cheese tastes awful no like the other restaurants on the different towns were the Mac’s are loaded with tick cheese sauce and not with cheese soup at the bottom of the dry Mac’s. Sometimes they forget dishes and take a while to get you your plate and the family members can way until the fantastic dish come to avoid a cold dish and so the drinks when your glass is barely empty the personnel never ask or bring a drink unless you ask for it. Really is not a cheap restaurant and I expecting an excellent service not a BK service quality. I wish these issues could be fixing soon is really a beautiful place.

• Visited June 2012