“stay away from here”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
orlando,fl
“stay away from here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stay 1 day, for $147 , so dirty carpets in the hallways and inside the room # 229. For that price stay at the Ponce Hilton You will glad to paid even xtra few $. And yes the Hskp Manager should start a full clean in those carpets they are dirty dirty. The carpet in our room felt dirty when u walked on it. So we tried to wear footwear most of the time. Like the other person said is true. They only care about the people in the casino. Not friendly at all. I was with my 2 years old. And there is not central air, so you have that big air conditioner inside your room very noise. PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. EXPENSIVE AND CHEAP.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
South Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 10 days and 9 nights. WOW what a veiw and the staff was so kind and helpful. The pool was clean and the water temperture was perfect and the breakfast was just awesome! There staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. I could not believe how close everything was: Walmart, Walgreens, Subway, McDonalds, K-Mart, Sams Club and many more just 5 minutes. Family own bakery 2 minutes away and more...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank omt4Jesus
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

I just spent 5 days at the Holiday Inn in Ponce. Prior to departure I read all of the reviews on this site from other folks. Some of it is very valid, but some of the other comments are not. The Hotel was pretty much what I'm used to seeing at a Holiday Inn. The rooms were nice and the bedding and linens were pretty comfortable. One thing that i found odd was that all of the rooms were smoking rooms. However, the rooms didn't have that smoke scent to them. Being a non-smoker I'm very sensitive to it, but I couldn't smell it at all.

Many people commented on the food at the restaurant in other reviews. I ate dinner there two nights and couldn't say a negative thing about the food. Even the breakfast buffet was pretty good for $10.00. Sure, it's not the waffle house but I've had much worse.

There are only two things I can say negative about my stay: 1. was that I paid $7 a glass for the house wine. Unlike Vegas, your not getting the free drinks while you gamble at the casino and at that rate I spent more on the booze than the tables. 2. Don't plan on working on your guns while you're there. The fitness center was two bikes, a stair stepper and 1 treadmill. If your fitness diet requires any daily allowance of Iron you're SOL.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I rented two rooms for one night and four people in total, (2/2) I was overcharged with $ 25.00 additional for each person including my self. I contacted the management and they said that was a "mistake on the online reservation" right,!!. they agreed to refund the difference, never happen. Now I have too dispute thought the credit card. (by the way I paid extra for rooms with ocean view, the room were with partial view of the pool.) The rooms were clean but dated, they a/c did not worked properly. The facilities are ok, the only good thing is the free parking.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlexisTX
puerto rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

My stay overall was ok. Ive stayed in a large number of Holiday Inns and most are very nice. Pulling up the hotel information on the internet before my stay, made me think the hotel was on the ocean. Well its not..its actually a good ways across from the hotel on the other side of the highway. The carpet in our room felt dirty when u walked on it. So we tried to wear footwear most of the time. Little bit of mold in the bath area. The internet sucked. I could never keep connection very long to do anything and searching the web for anything felt as though i was using dial up. The staff on the other hand was very nice and pleasant. Very nice restaurant and bar area. Like i said not too bad of an experience, but its definitely not the best ive stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mackhay3
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

We stayed one night here and paid $150 including taxes and breakfast. The staff was friendly and the pool area was nice. We were given a room at the opposite end of the hotel from the casino which meant it was mostly quiet, but twice (once at 6pm and once at about 6 am) somebody opened a fire door and we had to wait ages for somebody to come and turn off the alarm which was very noisy. The room was OK but the place didn't have much character and for the money we stayed at much nicer places in Puerto Rico. For 1 night it's fine but it's not great. The free wifi was appreciated though.

• Liked — Free wifi
  • Disliked — Noisy fire door alarm
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Scousepeasant
St. Barthelemy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

Quick check inn, nice staff, nice room (we would of appreciated a microwave in the room, we hat to go to the restaurant to heat the food for the baby, but it was not a problem, the girls at the restaurant were very friendly), the pool is great .
The only thing we did not like was the food from the restaurant, it was just horrible. We tried the restaurant on the first night and it was awfull (we didn't eat anything), we gave it a second chance coming back from a long day visiting, we had sandwiches from the room service, it was terrible. How can someone make a chicken and a club sandwich so revolting, I don't know but don't eat in the restaurant !

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank doudou97
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Howard Johnson Hotel Ponce PR
Costa Bahia Hotel, Convention Center & Casino
Hotel Belgica
Hotel Belgica
#3 of 7 in Ponce

Been to Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino? Share your experiences!