“It was average.”

Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights, 7 days.

The room was standard. No complaints. But be warned, there is no safe.

The decor is very dated.

The service ranged from poor to average. Hostess and/or Waiter would take a long time to serve you or pay attention. Food was okay and low on options but there were many days where they ran out of stuff. Fruit and fish dishes were ridiculously overpriced AND it wasn't special. They also charged extra for room service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DTuanh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear DTuanh,

Ferdinand G

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, good restaurant and bar, great pool area, clean older rooms.
Hot water 1 of 4 days, even though we informed front desk after day 1. Co-workers shower also didn't drain, but not a problem in my room.
I don't understand the thinking of the desk staff in assigning rooms. On one side of the hotel you have a great pool and ocean view. On the other you see the parking lot. Why put a platinum member 50+ nights a year at HI in the parking lot view?
Employees and room scored low due to shower issues. Otherwise I'd give a better rating.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Timzr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Timzr,

Thank you for your feedback. I humbly apologize for the issues you had with the shower facility and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this allows us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements.

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write your concerns. Rest assured that your comments will be used and improvements will be made where possible. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you give us a chance to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is one of my favorites on the south of Puerto Rico, Good prices and food with good people. Very comfortable and clean. The pool area its great for the family or couples. The beach view is beautiful. Recommended A+

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want to see Ponce or have a business trip, this hotel is just fine! The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The pool was really quiet and clean.The hotel is nice, but not to spend the entire day there. But to sleep and rest for a while is great and the price is ok. Its very clean and good service.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Spent the week in town for business (I know, rough duty).
Was very impressed with the hotel.
Located on the South side of the island, about an hour or so from San Juan on the North Side, this is the second largest port in PR.
I found the HI Very clean and safe.
The exterior grounds, interior lobby and rooms were well maintained.
The in-house restaurant was very clean, great food, excellent service.
The pool / patio was very impressive (my regret was I didn't have time to actually swim).
The parking lot and small casino was patrolled and very secure.
The hotel itself is a short drive from the La Guancha waterfront and boardwalk.
It's has a nice little night life, and port scene (but, as with much of the south side of the island be mindful of your environment after the shops close for the night).
Traffic can be tricky with all of the road construction in the old part of town at the time.
If you have a chance visit the Cruceta del Vigía.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice location with beautiful view. The staff is courteous but I believe they are overwhelm. We had a long wait at the front desk when registering, we had to wait for valet parking every time, if we requested something at from front desk, we had to wait. The cafe by the pool was a never ending wait. Wait, wait, wait. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was good but most likely I will not stay here for leisure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jesus Manuel H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jesus Manuel H,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

In a city with marginal hotels, this one is OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. Always stayed at the Hilton in Ponce, but got tired of the prices, charges for parking, internet, etc., decided to try this hotel.
The room was OK, the food was OK, the staff were OK. Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but I've had better, and have had worse too.
To give perspective, I will probably go back to this hotel on my next trip.
The only problem I had (which is a big problem) is that I couldn't get hot water from my shower.
I complained and they sent someone immediately who played with the faucet and it seemed as though he was getting hot water, so I left it alone. When I tried to use it later and the next morning, again I couldn't get hot water, so 2 days with cold showers. Maybe it was good for me, but I doubt it. Make sure you have hot water when you get to the room, I was too busy and too tired to change rooms once I settled in.

Room Tip: Check out the hot water situation..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray2k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Ray2k,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and the room.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the lack of hot water for shower which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Howard Johnson Hotel Ponce PR
Hotel Belgica
Hotel Belgica
#4 of 7 in Ponce
Costa Bahia Hotel, Convention Center & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino? Share your experiences!