This is a very typical Holiday Inn, with a few nice things like the casino for entertainment in the evening. Clean and plenty of room and a small refrigerator. Great view of the ocean and pool area (and the palm trees bending sideways during a hurricane-like storm). Nice, helpful staff. This is NOT in the middle of Ponce, but on highway 2 just outside the city. We found it very easy to get into restaurants in Ponce from there, and it was a good base for our trip to the west coast for snorkeling in La Puergua (about an hour).
The restaurant is horrible--do not bother. Be careful...they give you breakfast coupons if you are a priority club member, but they are only for the "continental" table in the restaurant, not the full breakfast. This was not explained and we ate from the whole buffet and were charged an extra $10. We had dinner there the first night and it was very average (white bread, horrible mofongo with shrimp and a very basic hamburger). The bar is nice with a view overlooking the pool.
The internet connection/wireless was very weak on the 4th floor. It worked, but it was definitely not quick or strong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Para informaciÏŒn en EspaÃ±ol, haga click: Holiday Inn Ponce HotelBeautifully nestled on top of a panoramic mountain with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea and the Historical City of Ponce known as the City of Museums. The Holiday Inn Ponce Hotel & Tropical Casino offers 116 renovated and spacious guest rooms and junior suites with individually climate control air conditioners and private balconies. Privileged location - El Tropical Casino located in our main lobby opened 24 hours daily. We are located just one mile from the Speed and Splash Water and Racing Theme Park and only 7 miles from the new Costa Caribe Golf Course. Easy access to the heart of Ponce and the tourists zone. Located 80 miles from the main airport Luis Munoz Marin in San Juan and only 12 miles away from the regional Mercedita Airport. Smoke detectors & fire sprinklers. Olympic size pool and kiddy pool with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Banquet and meeting facilities for up to 300 persons. Wheel Chair Accessible and non-smoking rooms available. Locally acclaimed restaurant 'Tanama,' Ponce's Nouvelle Cuisine. Live music Friday and Saturday at the Barlavista Lobby Bar with a breathtaking view of the pool and Caribbean Sea. Game Room. Fitness Center. El Tropical Casino is open daily 24 hours with the newest tropical atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ponce And Tropical Casino
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Hotel Ponce
- Ponce Holiday Inn