We just returned from a cruise and extended stay in Puerto Rico where we visited the city of Ponce. The Holiday Inn & Casino in Ponce is located on a hill overlooking the ocean and near the main highway. The rooms are typical for a Holiday Inn, although all have a little balcony outside a sliding glass door, rather than just a window. Unfortunately, our room was at ground level, so the balcony really wasn't an advantage. Rooms located on the upper floors have nicer views and allow one to leave their doors open to take advantage of the ocean breeze. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and there is a large flat screen TV with lots of channels to choose from. The bathroom was modern and a good size. Not much hanging space, but there is a little refrigerator and good drawer space. The hotel has a fairly large casino, restaurant and large bar. We were given a complimentary drink and a $10 matching bet, although we did not gamble. The pool is very large and has lots of patio area and seating around it, plus there is also more patio and seating area above the pool. The hotel is very clean and it and the grounds are well maintained. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful and genuinely warm and welcoming. The hotel is close to several restaurants located right on the beach, so you can enjoy the sunset over the ocean with your meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Para informaciÏŒn en EspaÃ±ol, haga click: Holiday Inn Ponce HotelBeautifully nestled on top of a panoramic mountain with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea and the Historical City of Ponce known as the City of Museums. The Holiday Inn Ponce Hotel & Tropical Casino offers 116 renovated and spacious guest rooms and junior suites with individually climate control air conditioners and private balconies. Privileged location - El Tropical Casino located in our main lobby opened 24 hours daily. We are located just one mile from the Speed and Splash Water and Racing Theme Park and only 7 miles from the new Costa Caribe Golf Course. Easy access to the heart of Ponce and the tourists zone. Located 80 miles from the main airport Luis Munoz Marin in San Juan and only 12 miles away from the regional Mercedita Airport. Smoke detectors & fire sprinklers. Olympic size pool and kiddy pool with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Banquet and meeting facilities for up to 300 persons. Wheel Chair Accessible and non-smoking rooms available. Locally acclaimed restaurant 'Tanama,' Ponce's Nouvelle Cuisine. Live music Friday and Saturday at the Barlavista Lobby Bar with a breathtaking view of the pool and Caribbean Sea. Game Room. Fitness Center. El Tropical Casino is open daily 24 hours with the newest tropical atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ponce And Tropical Casino
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Hotel Ponce
- Ponce Holiday Inn