“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Portland, Oregon
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here - the staff was great, pool refreshing and nearby snorkeling was good. Quality food and drinks at the outside bar - we pretty much just lounged around and relaxed. Loved Ponce and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hilton resort is the place to stay in ponce if you need to be in that area. It is a great family resort. we had a flight from ponce and chose this hilton so we could be close to the airport for an early morning flight. This was a family trip. My kids, ages 9,11,13,, loved the place , the resort had a tremendous amount of activities. it was relaxing,fun two days of our week in PR. the only thing the resort could improve is its beach area. which was kind of un developed. I was also not happy with a $26 resort fee and $10 parking fee. these fees were not upfront when i booked the hotel so these fees bumped up my total bill a bit. I would return if i ever needed to be in ponce. I just wish they would be upfront about the fees.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice, clean and on the beach. The beach area is nothing special but it is sort of private. Breakfast buffet was nothing special and I would not pay the $23 the chsrge. Get the room and breakfast package.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank M M
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Previously, we had visited San Juan and stayed at other resorts, so decided to try the other side of the island. We picked the Ponce Hilton, because it offered golf for my husband and a casino for me. My husband really enjoyed the nearby golf course, but I didn't spend much time in the casino, because it doesn't have video poker. I wasn't bored, however, because I walked, read on our balcony, overlooking the ocean, and drove our rental car to a nearby mall--which is quite large. My husband and I also went to the Ponce Art Museum, which is excellent and we had a tour led by a docent and also did some independent viewing. Downtown Ponce was fun--with a bus tour of the city, the Parque de Bombas, the town square with its lions, etc.. Another day we drove to Mayaguez and explored other parts of the island. The hotel itself was lovely and we had a fifth floor room in the Executive Tower and got the plan with a delicious buffet breakfast included. Some evenings we ate dinner offsite at local restaurants and other times we ate at El Bohio, a bar on the hotel grounds or La Terraza, a more upscale restaurant that had different buffet dinners. All the employees at the hotel were friendly and helpful and I would like to especially commend Alben Cuevas, Concierge, who was outstanding at his job--giving suggestions for travel, helping with directions, etc. There is plenty to do at the resort, since there is a walking trail, a nice pool, hot tubs, bikes, miniature golf, etc--but there is not much of a beach and the water is not good for swimming, since there are many rocks. We had a very relaxing week here and I enjoyed speaking Spanish, since many people on this side of the island do not speak English--once one leaves the hotel. We even went to the movies and saw Lone Survivor in English with Spanish subtitles!

Room Tip: I would suggest The Executive Tower rooms, since they have updated bathrooms and newer furniture and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Hotel grounds were nice and I enjoyed having access to a walking trail around the property. My room was clean and comfortable and it was great to have a ceiling fan in the room. Service in the restaurant was spotty and not what I would expect of a "resort" property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was surprised to see how much there is for kids. It really is a family resort, but not in an obnoxious way. Very quite and pleasant. There is a large pool, with a water slide, bikes are available and a run through spray park, also mini golf and probably lots of other stuff I am missing. But the pool, recreational area is large enough and designed so you don't feel like you are surrounded by kids. The beach area is very pleasant, my four year old grandson played in the sand and splashed in the waves.
The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, with a balcony overlooking the ocean and pool area. From the design of the building I suspect all or most of the rooms face the ocean. The staff are very efficient and friendly. The food is fantastic. Overall, I can't think of one bad thing, and we have been here for two weeks. I read some of the other reviews where people complain about birds in the dinning area. Since the dinning area is basically open, I have no idea why anyone would be surprised by an occasional bird flying through. I actually found it somewhat charming.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Harryryan2
Clearwater, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Went on an extended girl's weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. Several reviews made up leary but they were wrong! This location is beautifyl and the hotel was perfect. So good, we literally stayed on our patio from breakfast until dinner talking and enjoying the view. The staff was great and the indoor/outdoor feel of the lobby/restaurant/bar was a great bonus. We felt millions of miles away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Caribe Hilton San Juan
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#20 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort? Share your experiences!