Spent a week in San Juan and rented a car forone day to drive to Ponce. Arrived about noon and room was not ready, but staff was accomodating about using pool/property prior to check in. We already had on our suits so we used the pool and beach until room was ready. Beach is very rocky and not a lot of beach seating, but pretty views.
Main pool is much smaller than Hilton Caribe in San Juan, but they also have a splash pad and a pool slide. Also pool open 24hrs. Nice grounds, when we were there the hotel was not very full so we had almost the entire grounds to ourselves. Staff at bar and restaurant were very nice. When we did finally get our room (2:30ish which was fine with us) we were assigned 4th floor, nice view ( Since the hotel was almost empty I thought we may be upgraded to one of the end suites- as a diamond member I usually get an upgrade) However, we were in 425- room was clean- view and balcony was nice. We ate on site at LaCava and service and food was wonderful. The hotel is very isolated and when I inquired about taking a taxi to Old Ponce I was almost discouraged. We did visit the casino- it is small but lots of penny machines- didnt win but was fun.
Full breakfast except for the made to order portion is free for Hilton Honors- plenty of food on the regular buffett did not need the upgrade.
Check out is noon so we had plenty of time to enjoy pool the next am before we checked out and drove back to San Juan. Drive on HWY 52 was a beautiful drive through the mountains.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An extensive beachfront resort strategically located minutes from downtown Ponce, with easy access to most business and tourist attractions and landmarks of the South and Southwest Puerto Rico regions, like Castillo Serralles, La Guancha, Guanica Dry Forest, Cabo Rojo and Ponce Museum of Art, Ponce Airport and Sea Port. Amenities include direct beach access, championship golf course, 24/7 full service Casino, fitness center, rooms and suites with balconies and ocean views, and an ample range of meeting and banquet venues with business center support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ponce Golf Hotel Ponce
- Hilton Ponce Golf And Casino Resort
- Hilton Ponce Hotel
- Hilton Ponce Resort