Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
$135
Hotel Belgica(Ponce)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Breakfast included
Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,665 results
All reviewsexecutive towerpuerto ricola guanchacosta caribepool areala cava restaurantping pongbreakfast buffet isnice poolminiature golfnice resortfitness centerbeach accessocean viewself parkingrental carpr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in February 2013 while on a 10 day trip around Puerto Rico. The resort is pretty, with a nice pool, lots of outdoor seating and a couple of places to eat and drink. The first annoying thing that happen was that we had requested a king room in the Executive Tower but it was not available so we had to take a double bedded room. The Executive Tower is a lot quieter during the day because it a short walk from the pool.
Our big problem was the first night of our stay when we returned to our room at 10pm. We noticed a maintance man spraying what looked like WD-40 into the lock of the room next to us. We were in #548 so this was #546. We didn't think it was a big deal, because we were so tired form a long day of driving and sight-seeing. We were sound asleep when we were suddenly awaken by loud banging outside our room. We thought someone was breaking into our room!!! My husband opened the door to find 3 maintance men taking off the door and frame from room #546! I called the front desk to complain about this and I was told "They're trying to change the lock". I couldn't believe it---I said to the desk clerk "It's almost 11pm, we were sound asleep and no one thought that this was a problem?" He said "Oh yeah---they'll be done soon!"
The noise was bad enough but we were so startled it took us quite a while to fall back to sleep.
When i went to the front desk in the morning to complain again I was given a coupon for a free T-shirt--------really this is Hilton Customer service???
The rest of our stay was uneventful but I doubt I'd go back, given the unprofessional Front Desk Staff

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize if the noise from our maintenance crew fixing the door next to your room was disruptive in any way. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Jose Caro

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Interesting; this year I spent 4 days in a Waldorf-Astoria hotel and a Hilton Holtel ( both obviuously owned bt same company, diffferent scale levels ); so:
PROS:
1. It's on the Craiibean--so you get a " country club" like atmosphere on the beautiful sea
2. Clean and large rooms.
3. Wonderful Pool area ( although no deep pool (?)
4. Great Breakfast each morning.
5. Pleasant Staff

CONS:
1. It's a large resort, many people and main reception area still looks "late '70's"
2. Somewhat impersonal
3. Would suggest that they re-think a decision to nix movies to rent ( just TV ) in the rooms at night
4. A bit slow on cleaning the rooms-i.e. even w/a call rooms are not cleaned until ( 2-4 )
5. I sound sort of bad but it was a great place to stay for a week and chill--nothing really special and I would also rethink why no servers wandering about the pool to deliver food/drinkks as in the Waldforf-Astoria in Key West

So essentially-great place to chill, hang out especiaially if one loves Puerto Rico and ( as for me first time in Ponce ) But it was Good not Great-Don't know what else to say--I do think it still is the best place to stay in Ponce

A big dissapointment ( and yes I was too chicken to say it immediately, thus my bad; La Cava-the Restaurant was Not good. Food mediocre ( well oysters great--Snapper rubbery ) Go into Ponce for better food

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Atlanta Bender:
Thank you so much for your recent review. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our rooms to be large and clean and that you enjoyed our pool area and found our staff to be pleasant. Our main concern is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay. I am however very sorry you were disappointed regarding some issues at our hotel. I was extremely disappointed that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and impersonal. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Jose Caro

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very nice resort in Ponce, PR. Staff very kind and helpful at all times, the food is good at the buffet restaurant, plus there is 2 more restaurants inside the hotel. Great experience, nice size clean rooms. Great pool for adults and kids.
The only issue was the daily parking that costs around $8 per day even when you park yourself, the valet parking was $16. Does not make too much sense to charge parking fees if you are a hotel guest; overall it was a good experience. About 40 minutes away is located "Playa Santa" a beautiful beach with white sand and blue water, not restaurants around so be prepared if you visit this beach. Ponce is far away from San Juan and the driving is about 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was here only one night. Very slow & quiet..

Woke up the next morning to find ants in my room.

I had an ocean front room so I had to walk a very long way to get to my room. But the view was awesome.

Very expensive

Room service was good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had a great 4 night stay. Found the staff very freindly and helpful. The view from the room in the executive tower was great. Room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Played two rounds of golf. The golf pro Ellie was very helpful and friendly. We would love to go back. The only issue we had is that the beach isn't really a beach, very unkept with litter all over the place. Would not choose this hotel for the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors offer an outstanding view. Ground floor rooms have a lot of walk by traffic and if you leave the door open you may get an uninvited guest Lizards:)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple