Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
$125
$117
Travelocity
1,676 results
All reviewsexecutive towerpuerto ricola guanchacosta caribepool areala cava restaurantping pongbreakfast buffet isnice poolminiature golfnice resortfitness centerbeach accessocean viewself parkingrental carpr
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just came back from Carnaval in Ponce 2013, which was a really good time, however the staff at the hotel did not know when the events were going on and did not have much information on the Carnaval which is kind of funny since the Carnaval is on the same week every year and has been going on for over 100 years in Ponce. Booked a King Deluxe Oceanfront and got a double and told that they just did not have the room to give me...the hotel was not full at all!.I drink Barcardi rum and coke (the no.1 rum selling rum in the world and made in Puerto Rico) and was told that this Hilton ONLY serves "Don Q" rums because the hotel is owned by the Seralles family who makes Don Q rum and is based in Ponce...I did not know this was the "Don Q Hilton". Asked for a map of the hotel grounds and was told they did not have one? My room was on the oceanside of the Exc. Tower on the 4th floor, however the only working ice machine was on the other end of the building on the 1st floor...a very long way away..Had dinner at one of the resturants on the golf club side which you get to via a shuttle from the hotel lobby which was no problem, however had to make 2 calls and wail outside for half hour for the return shuttle to show up...the bugs were eating us up!...On the weekends many of the locals use the hotel and the pool area becomes loaded with kids, the beach is not really a nice beach because the sand is loaded with plenty of crushed coral. If Hilton want to charge what this hotel charges for everything they need to up the service in a big way before they get me to come back.

Room Tip: Make sure you lock in the room you booked via a email or call before you show up, Oceanfront is really nice but it is a very long walk from the front desk, resturants and casino etc.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Armando S
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

From the valet parking personnels to the check out time. The staff was helpful, smiling and very friendly. The beach is a 2 and a half stars and some renovation on the walkway to the beach was noisy, for the rest great. The jacuzzis and pool where nice and very clean. We drove the 60 miles (100 km) from Ponce to San Juan a few time, it's really a easy drive. Food is very good but not great at a fair price.

So if you are looking for a nice hotel whit great staff and enjoy the Puerto Rico sun whit out the crowd of San Juan. I recommend you the Hilton Ponce Golf and Casino.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I took my husband and 17 yr old son to PR for 5 days. We chose Ponce to see a little more of the country. The Hilton was beautiful. Staff were warm and friendly and very helpful with directions and suggestions. I was disappointed with the Casino drawing from so many locals. These people have nothing to start with and to see them spend their money is sad. I guess it is equal to the Lottery back in the States. We took a sailboat out from the Golf side and spent the day sailing around the area. The beach is hard to walk on because it is crushed coral from the nearby reefs. The hotel offers many activities. We played mini golf, giant chess and other games. The hot tub was great. The pool is small so if the hotel is booked, you may find it difficult to swim around. The pool on the Golf side is much nicer and they provide a ride over to that side of the resort. It did take some getting used to as Hilton properties are a little less worn but given it's on the water and windy all the time, it's no wonder. Very nice place all in all.

Room Tip: We had a king with a walkout patio. Wonderful to sit there in the morning with coffee. Not directly on the beach but a good view and closeup palm trees make you feel like you are on the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jean G
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is infested with flys, also they have gaming machines for young adults to play, all the locals who do belong their hanging out there. The place looks like my gym from High School.
Not a friendly place with with the staff. The food there is below average for a Hilton Hotel.
Please stay away from this place. It's maybe a 1 star hotel. You can do much better fro your money.Also security looks lax there.

Room Tip: any place but this one. Try the Holdiay Inn a much better choice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank aptiva1
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat unkempt and lacking the quality you expect from us. In addition, I truly regret that our staff was unfriendly towards you. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a pleasant and welcoming stay and I am very sorry that we could not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband had surprised me with a flight to San Juan and we stayed in Ponce. The hotel had a good renovation in the pool and resort area.
I enjoyed the very warm jacuzzi, refreshing pool and the resort ambiance. Will make sure that we can come back and stay in this hotel with our friends.

Room Tip: Bring your camera.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple