“More flys hitting you face than is possible, dirty place.”

Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is infested with flys, also they have gaming machines for young adults to play, all the locals who do belong their hanging out there. The place looks like my gym from High School.
Not a friendly place with with the staff. The food there is below average for a Hilton Hotel.
Please stay away from this place. It's maybe a 1 star hotel. You can do much better fro your money.Also security looks lax there.

Room Tip: any place but this one. Try the Holdiay Inn a much better choice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank aptiva1
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat unkempt and lacking the quality you expect from us. In addition, I truly regret that our staff was unfriendly towards you. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a pleasant and welcoming stay and I am very sorry that we could not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband had surprised me with a flight to San Juan and we stayed in Ponce. The hotel had a good renovation in the pool and resort area.
I enjoyed the very warm jacuzzi, refreshing pool and the resort ambiance. Will make sure that we can come back and stay in this hotel with our friends.

Room Tip: Bring your camera.
3  Thank Josephine M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After a caribbean cruise we travelled around Puerto Rico and so our way took us to beautiful Ponce. The Hilton is certainly by far the best (but most expensive) hotel in Ponce. Its a huge resort with golf, casino, restaurants, convention center etc. There are two parts of buildings, the "old" with rooms arranged around the pool and a newer part called the "executive tower". We stayed in both parts and like the "old" part bit better, the rooms are more charming. As tourists and not on business we liked very much the relaxing atmosphere at the beach (dark sand) + at the pool area. This area has several levels, all with different kind of sunbeds / chairs, even some hammocks. Next to the pool is a bar with good drinks and decent food (burgers, sandwiches & Co.). After two nights we left the resort and via a detour reached San Juan. A festival in old san juan and therewith fully booked hotels+high prices made us leave san juan. As we liked the Hilton Ponce we asked to go back there and finally made it. We like the hotel very much. Usually I do not mention individuals on Tripadvisor, this time I need to break the rule. Our employee of the month is Rosemary (reception). She is awesome, helpful, patient and 100 % as a hotel employee should be. Reading lips and fulfilling wishes. Amazing. All in all it would not be fair NOT to mention the other hotel staff. All hotel staff from housekeeping, others at reception, parking, breakfast area or bar tenders are extremely friendly and taking care of you as individuals. Long time that we have experienced ALL over such an amazing staff. These people made our day - everyday !!!
Restaurant Tip for dining out: We can highly recommend two restaurants with amazing food in Ponce. A) Lola Eclectic Cuisine in the city center and B) Pito´s Seafood Cafe - located at the sea!!!

3  Thank TDBBerlin
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Yes, this resort shows a little age, but the service and the accommodations were wonderful! The staff was always very helpful and friendly, from the valet to the maid. Room service (as well as any other requests we asked) were met very timely. This is one vacation location that my husband and I definitely will revisit. Very relaxing and great weather. We went from 1/19-1/25 and it was absolutely beautiful. Weather was in high 80's in the day and low to mid 70's at night. Not crowded, very peaceful and calming.

Room Tip: We had a room in the west tower on the first floor. Our terrace outside our sliding door seemed to...
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't believe what you see on the website for weddings!!! Let's start with my wedding coordinator who only replied to my emails in Spanish when I requested English. POOR COMMUNICATION... She lied about the gazebo, when one could have been provided, said it was broken. Website pictures should add a disclaimer that the pretty furniture you see is not their furniture but rented. As a Bride looking online, I was misled by the pictures on the website…that’s my case.

Day of my wedding fiasco...

My decorator arrives at 9am to see my tables and chairs were not set up. So I called management and the ball gets rolling. Due to tables and chairs getting set up my decorator asked if the outside seating was available...The outside seating did not get decorated because Hilton did not set up chairs until one hour before wedding...geesh the stress the place has caused me! So i lost money on flowers and seat covers. oh almost forgot. I supposed to get married near beach and pool. Pool and beach was well over 50 yards away...it's all about location, location, location!!!

It gets better...wedding party starts. While entertaining my guest my 17 year old daughter gets alcohol poisoning from the bar since in Puerto Rico the requiring age is 18! Even younger were served booze!!! :( When I pointed this out to management they made me feel responsible and made it seem like this happens often. If I'm the Bride when did it become my job to ask minors for id??? unbelievable!!!!

My contract stated my guest will receive champagne and wine. No wine was served to guest and the took our food before my wedding party was over... asked for a manager on duty to speak to and waited over an hour for no one to come. Food was ok from what I tasted but since they took the food. I left hungry after my wedding.

After I spoke to management 2 days after my event and they made me feel like it was my fault for not hiring a wedding coordinator...my question is what is my wedding coordinator do then?? I did flowers, decorating , DJ photographer and cake??? Just take my money???

I work in the hospitality industry too...and when any of our Restaurants hold a wedding reception...the coordinator is there to make sure things are done for the location. Nothing from my coordinator. SELFISH!!!

Thank god I married by best friend...he was more stressed than me.

Still waiting for someone to contact me from Corporate...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lateenachica

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us.
I thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special occasion as your wedding and truly apologize that we did not meet expectations. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize again in regards to the issues you encountered during your stay, as we already had the opportunity to review your concerns in person before your departure from the Resort, and actions were taken to somewhat mitigate your dissatisfaction.
I totally regret that that we were not able to deliver quality service you expected for your wedding.
Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again, using the Complimentary Stay Certificate we offered you and your husband.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This exquisite Hilton is located on the beautiful beach on Ponce. It is quiet yet offers lots of amenities, the rooms are comfortable and spacious and the staff gracious. You can hear the ocean lapping from your room and the beach is large enough to go for a long walk or just relax and enjoy the quiet. Even though the hotel is very large, it absorbs all the people well and it never feels crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Executive Suite which is quieter and any level besides the ground floor has a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This resort was just beautiful. The entire staff was very nice and helpful with any related questions you may have.

Loved being able to use wifi by the breathtaking pool and Caribbean.

Resort is very kid friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sam R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Hotel Melia Ponce
#6 of 7 in Ponce
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort? Share your experiences!