Don't believe what you see on the website for weddings!!! Let's start with my wedding coordinator who only replied to my emails in Spanish when I requested English. POOR COMMUNICATION... She lied about the gazebo, when one could have been provided, said it was broken. Website pictures should add a disclaimer that the pretty furniture you see is not their furniture but rented. As a Bride looking online, I was misled by the pictures on the website…that’s my case.
Day of my wedding fiasco...
My decorator arrives at 9am to see my tables and chairs were not set up. So I called management and the ball gets rolling. Due to tables and chairs getting set up my decorator asked if the outside seating was available...The outside seating did not get decorated because Hilton did not set up chairs until one hour before wedding...geesh the stress the place has caused me! So i lost money on flowers and seat covers. oh almost forgot. I supposed to get married near beach and pool. Pool and beach was well over 50 yards away...it's all about location, location, location!!!
It gets better...wedding party starts. While entertaining my guest my 17 year old daughter gets alcohol poisoning from the bar since in Puerto Rico the requiring age is 18! Even younger were served booze!!! :( When I pointed this out to management they made me feel responsible and made it seem like this happens often. If I'm the Bride when did it become my job to ask minors for id??? unbelievable!!!!
My contract stated my guest will receive champagne and wine. No wine was served to guest and the took our food before my wedding party was over... asked for a manager on duty to speak to and waited over an hour for no one to come. Food was ok from what I tasted but since they took the food. I left hungry after my wedding.
After I spoke to management 2 days after my event and they made me feel like it was my fault for not hiring a wedding coordinator...my question is what is my wedding coordinator do then?? I did flowers, decorating , DJ photographer and cake??? Just take my money???
I work in the hospitality industry too...and when any of our Restaurants hold a wedding reception...the coordinator is there to make sure things are done for the location. Nothing from my coordinator. SELFISH!!!
Thank god I married by best friend...he was more stressed than me.
Still waiting for someone to contact me from Corporate...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An extensive beachfront resort strategically located minutes from downtown Ponce, with easy access to most business and tourist attractions and landmarks of the South and Southwest Puerto Rico regions, like Castillo Serralles, La Guancha, Guanica Dry Forest, Cabo Rojo and Ponce Museum of Art, Ponce Airport and Sea Port. Amenities include direct beach access, championship golf course, 24/7 full service Casino, fitness center, rooms and suites with balconies and ocean views, and an ample range of meeting and banquet venues with business center support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ponce Golf Hotel Ponce
- Hilton Ponce Golf And Casino Resort
- Hilton Ponce Hotel
- Hilton Ponce Resort