“Don't get married there!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort

Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ponce
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Don't get married there!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't believe what you see on the website for weddings!!! Let's start with my wedding coordinator who only replied to my emails in Spanish when I requested English. POOR COMMUNICATION... She lied about the gazebo, when one could have been provided, said it was broken. Website pictures should add a disclaimer that the pretty furniture you see is not their furniture but rented. As a Bride looking online, I was misled by the pictures on the website…that’s my case.

Day of my wedding fiasco...

My decorator arrives at 9am to see my tables and chairs were not set up. So I called management and the ball gets rolling. Due to tables and chairs getting set up my decorator asked if the outside seating was available...The outside seating did not get decorated because Hilton did not set up chairs until one hour before wedding...geesh the stress the place has caused me! So i lost money on flowers and seat covers. oh almost forgot. I supposed to get married near beach and pool. Pool and beach was well over 50 yards away...it's all about location, location, location!!!

It gets better...wedding party starts. While entertaining my guest my 17 year old daughter gets alcohol poisoning from the bar since in Puerto Rico the requiring age is 18! Even younger were served booze!!! :( When I pointed this out to management they made me feel responsible and made it seem like this happens often. If I'm the Bride when did it become my job to ask minors for id??? unbelievable!!!!

My contract stated my guest will receive champagne and wine. No wine was served to guest and the took our food before my wedding party was over... asked for a manager on duty to speak to and waited over an hour for no one to come. Food was ok from what I tasted but since they took the food. I left hungry after my wedding.

After I spoke to management 2 days after my event and they made me feel like it was my fault for not hiring a wedding coordinator...my question is what is my wedding coordinator do then?? I did flowers, decorating , DJ photographer and cake??? Just take my money???

I work in the hospitality industry too...and when any of our Restaurants hold a wedding reception...the coordinator is there to make sure things are done for the location. Nothing from my coordinator. SELFISH!!!

Thank god I married by best friend...he was more stressed than me.

Still waiting for someone to contact me from Corporate...

2 Thank Lateenachica
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us.
I thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special occasion as your wedding and truly apologize that we did not meet expectations. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize again in regards to the issues you encountered during your stay, as we already had the opportunity to review your concerns in person before your departure from the Resort, and actions were taken to somewhat mitigate your dissatisfaction.
I totally regret that that we were not able to deliver quality service you expected for your wedding.
Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again, using the Complimentary Stay Certificate we offered you and your husband.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This exquisite Hilton is located on the beautiful beach on Ponce. It is quiet yet offers lots of amenities, the rooms are comfortable and spacious and the staff gracious. You can hear the ocean lapping from your room and the beach is large enough to go for a long walk or just relax and enjoy the quiet. Even though the hotel is very large, it absorbs all the people well and it never feels crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Executive Suite which is quieter and any level besides the ground floor has a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This resort was just beautiful. The entire staff was very nice and helpful with any related questions you may have.

Loved being able to use wifi by the breathtaking pool and Caribbean.

Resort is very kid friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Sam R
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Ponce over the holidays, and it was a very nice & relaxing stay. The pool was fantastic, and the Hilton provides all kinds of free stuff for the pool area (tennis rackets, bikes, pool balls, etc). We had a ground level floor so we could walk right out of our patio to the pool/tennis courts, and we still had a view of the ocean. It was perfect. The grounds were clean & well kept, and everyone that worked at the resort was very friendly.

We had access to the Executive Lounge since I'm a HHonors Diamond Member, so we got free continental bfast in the morning & drinks/snacks from 5-7 in the evenings (weekdays only). Note: beer & alcoholic drinks are $5-$7 in the exec lounge, but the rest of the stuff was free.

Room Tip: We loved our ground level room because we could walk straight out to the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PackerFanaticFromCO
Ottawa, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ok stay room was normal Hilton accommodations, lookout from room was calm and quiet. Can,t understand why I would drive that far from airport to stay at a place that,s rate 7th on Tripadvisor. Roads were in bad shape if you like dodging pot holes. I usually grade a hotel by service, cleanliness, and atmosphere....but I would give hotel such a high rating when the Marriott, Conado, or Intercontinental were much better. If you want to go here it,s quiet no nightlife and its a family style place. Oh by the way if you use your credit card for extra charges it takes a month for the hotel to remove incidentals, which is poor for customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vmaag
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found our property to be inconveniently located and that you had some issues with some credit card charges not being refunded sooner. I truly apologize if this caused you any inconveniences, but this appears to be a normal procedure of the local banks when placing a hold on your credit.
I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have a good experience while staying with us and I very much regret if we were not able to deliver this to you. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Even though we do offer some limited entertainment at the Hotel and around Ponce, it is true that the San Juan area offers much more variety and action for the nightlife avid travelers.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area, should your expectations change to a more relaxing a calm experience.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Spent a few nights in the Ponce Hilton just before Xmas. Our family of four enjoyed the breakfast which featured a huge, sumptuous buffet which included eggs made to order, including omelets. The resort had a dance show in the center area on one of the nights we stayed which we enjoyed. The dancers ranged from age 9 to about 28 years old. Very well choreographed.

There is a casino at the hotel, but it is unobtrusive. We enjoyed the 16 hole mini-golf. It was one of the more diffciult mini-golf courses we had ever encountered. The golf course closes early (was it 6pm??) so be sure to ask the hours. There were also bikes, tennis, pool with slide, water area which kids love where the water sprays up from different areas where you stand. It was all so delightful--including the hammocks placed here and there between palm trees offering quiet places to rest. The sandy beach was small, with cushioned chairs nearby.

The room we stayed in had a balcony overlooking the pool. I believe all the rooms have balconies and are beside the pool. The balcony had a small table and two chairs so you could enjoy your coffee and newspaper in the morning. Free wifi was also to be had and a television with lots of channels--both English and Spanish.

You definitely needed a car to get to town. We went every day we were here to King's ice cream which is across the street from the famous firehouse. Try the coconut ice cream--superb. The ice cream is made daily. The store next to Kings has plenty of well priced souvenirs of PR including viejigantes, and dominos. I prefer this store to some of the tourist shops in San Juan.

We stayed in San Juan last year for Xmas, and enjoyed it, but the stay at Ponce was quieter, and the pool area was lots bigger. We can't wait to go back again.

4 Thank 4okay
Washington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

While in Ponce visiting family, we stayed at the Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort. They have everything. You can rent a bike and ride all over the resort or play putt putt golf, play life size checkers, ladder golf, and volleyball. They even have hopscotch. They will set up a net in the pool if you want to play water volleyball. Sunbathing is awesome on king size beds with pillows and oversized chairs by the pool to sunbathe in. If you're hungry you can just order food while sunbathing. They provide plenty of chairs to sit by the beach on. Caja de Muerto can be seen from the beach and the sunrise over the island is picturesque. They have a casino for the adults to play in and an arcade section for kids to play. If you like to play golf they have a beautiful golf course to try also. This hotel is highly recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure the balcony doors are closed securely or your air condition will not work. :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponce
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort? Share your experiences!