“Worth a stop!”
Review of La Guancha

La Guancha
Ranked #6 of 46 things to do in Ponce
More attraction details
Owner description: Ponce's boardwalk and beach area isn't so popular for swimming, but the people-watching and socializing are great.
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Definitely stop there if you are in the Ponce area during daylight. Worth paying a few bucks to feed the seagulls and fish by the Fisherman's Club. if you are looking for something to eat, go elsewhere: food may not be fresh, unless there's lots of people in the area, then it may be fresh. After we placed our food order we saw the attendant reheating it on a microwave oven-not good!

4  Thank Nofunisnofun
"caribbean sea"
in 8 reviews
"observation tower"

Reviewed November 18, 2010

While on vacation in Puerto Rico my husband and I traveled to Ponce, beautiful place...anyway, We decided to go to La Guancha beach. My husband and I walked around the edge of the water, soaked some sun and took a little dip waste down.... I ran my fingers through the sand under the water looking for shells and there it was...what I believe is a human bone. My husban tells me its a fish bone but there is no way no how that it was a fish bone. Anyway I would still go back to La Guancha because the place was amazing and the beach is beautiful. The ocean has it's fish, treasures and I guess it's very own secrets. It also has signs on the areas that are dangerous for swimming....read them.

1  Thank linco7173
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I really didn't think I would enjoy going to La Guancha in Ponce. But after the long drive from Humacao it was worth a quick stop. There was music, fried foods, beer and people just hanging around enjoying the day.

My favorite part was buying a bag of sardines and feeding the seagulls and pelicans. Might seem pretty boring but is more fun than it sounds. A giant bird with a wing span of about 6 feet was grabbing fish out of people's hands.

You could stay all day if you wanted, but I was only there an hour and it was plenty.

2  Thank Tim C
Reviewed May 21, 2009

This place is a beautiful board walk along the Caribbean Sea and it is great. From the many food stands, crafts stands, to feeding the pelicans and fish. the view from the tower is magnificent and the music is very lively. The city, the mall, down town, a historical castle, a Taino Indian Museum, a casino, the museum of art, and many more places to visit are all near by. Must spend a day or tow here !! Will always go back and visit.

2  Thank Tamichula