“Little gastronomic jewel in Dorado.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of PIKA Restaurant - CLOSED

PIKA Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican, American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“Little gastronomic jewel in Dorado.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food, wines and live music. Is like the Billy Joel's Piano Man video place but just smaller, no smoke and friendly sympathetic service! Will come back many times!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank weyoun2

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Great find. Easy to get to if staying in Dorado. Small place but 7 of us had a great time. PR rice was so good went back for take out next night. A little pricey but don't mind paying for good food and service!! Thanks Maria!!

• Visited August 2013
Freeport, Florida
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Pika is little gem of a restaurant we found right outside the gate to our hotel, the Hyatt Hacienda del Mar in Dorado. Excellent food! I tried the delicious “Mofongo”, a traditional Puerto Rican dish. YUM!! Though not as “brave” as I was, everyone else in our group enjoyed their dinners immensely. It was delightful to meet the owner who came by our table to greet us and make sure we were happy!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CushyCouple
New York City, New York
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staying at the Hacienda del Mar in Dorado for the second time and the only restaurant I can recommend with 100% confidence is PIKA. This place is within walking distance to the hotel. In trying to find the best aspect of this restaurant, I am torn between so many features. To be fair, I'll go alphabetically:
- Atmosphere: Quaint, quiet but family friendly, and decorated beautifully. You may either sit inside on their comfortable chairs around round tables, surrounded by the dim lights from the wall sconces, or you have the option of sitting outside under the awning. Both options are wonderful and comfortable.
- Beverages: GET THE SANGRIA. Its delicious fruit and red wine taste will leave you wanting more. Mixed to perfection.
- Food: Everything I tasted was delicious. I ordered the monfongo with camarones and it was savory and fabulous. I tasted the ceviche, the coconut shrimp and the breaded grouper as part of the sampler appetizer. All were equally as satisfying and I would've been happy with any choice as my main dish.
- Staff - Marie in particular was warm and welcoming. She was attentive and was as happy to see us enjoy our dishes as we were to be eating them. Our other server was timely and careful with our dishes. We told Marie we'd see her again soon as I know we'll be returning on our next visit to Puerto Rico.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank shannahope
“Oh so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I want to take the chef home with me. Went back 3 times and had something different each time. Homemade soup made with love and Maria the owner was exuberant and lively. It is near the Dorado Hyatt and was easy to get to. Would definitely recommend to any foodie.

2 Thank Tdub750