“I am impressed”

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I have been to a lot of the "best resorts in the Carribean". This place has the best qualities out of all of them. The Ritz combines ambiance, service and the "it" factor. Factor in the easy commute to Puerto Rico, this resort becomes an easy choice. The accommodation's are fabulous. The beach is second to none. I can't wait to return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mw595
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear mw595,

I want to thank you for your recent post of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!

I am delighted to hear that you were "impressed" with The Reserve and that you enjoyed the service and the ambiance.

I have to agree that Puerto Rico is such an easy commute from all major cities making it an attractive and desireable destination in the caribbean.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wow! We knew we were in paradise when we arrived at Dorado Beach! When Ricardo, the manager on duty, graciously escorted us on a Welcome Tour of the property, we knew that we never wanted to leave such a beautiful resort! From the start, Oscar and Jennifer were our most knowledgeable and delightful embajadors of the property. In fact, all staff members went over the top to make our stay unforgettable! Our room was so spectacular and spacious - fitting for a Ritz-Carlton Reserve! The personal plunge pool outside our room and the outdoor rain shower are truly unique! The food presentations were not only lovely to view, but also delectable to eat. A personal favorite in Mi Casa's Restaurant is the warm spinach salad. Our sunny afternoons spent relaxing in chaise lounges, walking the beach, and finding seashells are not to be forgotten! Indeed, my sister and I are so impressed with this reserves that we are planning to return in 2015. Joan and Patty

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim C
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Jim C,

Thank you for your recent review of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!

I am delighted that you consider The Reserve "The Grandest of All". I truly appreciate you highlighting some of the ladies & gentlemen that made your stay a memorable one and I am excited in sharing your review with the team. I have to agree that our accommodations and plunge pools are quite unique and have become very desirable with our distinguished guests.

I do look forward to personally welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me when planning your return as it would be a pleasure for me to assist you with arranging your stay.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We just stayed 6 nights here and loved it. My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary and the staff went out of there way to make it special. After dinner one of the nights the waiter brought us a sky lantern to launch and commemorate the occasion with. Beautiful room, beach, and exceptional pool area. Exceptional service was the norm. The 5 acre spa was incredible as well as the lush tropical vegetation within it. Private areas for couples massages and rituals.

Cant say enough good things. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mike R
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Mike R,

I am delighted to hear that you and your wife celebrated an "Awesome 30th Anniversary" at The Reserve and that our ladies & gentlemen made it a special one. The wishing lantern is always a memorable experience and I hope that it brings you fond memories of the resort for many years to come.

I want to thank you for selecting our resort to commemorate such an important celebration and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary here(yes, we are still here, in fact I'm writing this while sitting on our private patio, overlooking our private pool, overlooking our private beach and the blue ocean)(my wife is in the shower) this resort looks exactly like the pictures on the web site, from the rooms to the views. No detail is left undone. I am a luxury home builder, and I am rarely impressed when we travel. Hotels are almost never nicer than the homes I build. I have to say, the architects and designers nailed it. Everything about our room, and the other spaces are perfect. The spa is by far the nicest I have ever seen or experienced. As nice as the facility is, the people and staff are just as nice. They are always there when you need them, and out of site when you want privacy. We'll done Ritz, we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Splurge for the private plunge pool, it's worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Howard K

Dear Howard K,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!

I am very happy to hear that you selected The Reserve to celebrate your 25th anniversary and that it was "Absolute Perfection". The ladies & gentlemen's highest mission of the resort is to create meaningful memories for our distinguished guests and I am happy that you both had a wonderful time.

I have to agree that many of our guests comment that this resort is one of the most beautiful resorts that they have ever seen and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your return visit as it would be a pleasure for me to assist you in coordinating the details.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed here for 7 nights. I have to say we were thrilled and amazed at the level of experience they provided us. I research properties thoroughly before making a decision and I hate to be disappointed and this was one of those times where they exceeded our expectation at every level. I was wary of the service based on past reviews and have enjoyed our previous service experiences at The Four Seasons, St. Regis, Rosewood properties and other Ritz Carltons as well around the world, but the service we received here was truly amazing. Every person took the time to get to know us personally. We had incredible breakfasts every morning with Gabriel and David who remembered what we like to drink and just exactly how we like it prepared. Our embajador Jennifer was INCREDIBLE!!! We've never had such personal care and the things she thought of to do for us were so unexpected that we will never forget this resort and makes us want to come back. Maureen and Ivania at Positivo were such a strong team and took such great care of us. The resort is lucky to have them. They greeted us by name every time they saw us, from the very first day. And each restaurant knew my husband had a gluten intolerance which is phenomenal before we even arrived at the restaurant.
The rooms were exceptional. No detail left undone. We called for housekeeping every morning and also for turn down and it was ALWAYS taken care of perfectly. We stayed on the East Beach which I prefer b/c I like my privacy. We loved having the bikes to ride to the tennis courts each day and even though it rained a bit, we enjoyed the break from the sun. The fact that every room is ocean front is a huge plus. We loved listening to the waves roll in every night while falling asleep.

We used the spa and my treatment was sensational and the spa was one of a kind. I sat in the hot tub at the spa and just marveled that anyone had thought to create something so unique. The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch spa is one of our favorites, but this was on an entirely different level. Food was great everywhere. Each bar custom made a particular kind of martini which I requested and then remembered it each time I came back.
I cannot recommend this resort any more highly. It is a lavish, exclusive experience and I'm so glad we found it. I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: I will always choose the area that is more private and for certain that is the East Beach. I don...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Elizabeth W
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Elizabeth W,

I am delighted to hear that you discovered the resort and that your experience was "Over the Top". I am very happy to hear that the ladies & gentlemen of the resort took great care of you and it is with great pride that I will be sharing your review with the entire team. We strive to create meaningful experiences for our distinguished guests and we are humbled by your glowing comments.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank for for selecting this resort for your week-long getaway as we know there are many options and destinations for guests to choose from.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your return as it would be a pleasure for me to assist you with coordinating your visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Where else can you fly in the US where you have a 5 star resort, an epic (almost private) beach, your own villa and world class dining WITH kiteboarding right there?! We brought our 2 and 4 yr old and had a blast while taking kiteboarding lessons at Good Winds that is located on the resort (HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking these lessons!). The food on the resort was really good (except for a couple bad dishes at the beach bar restaurant. My one complaint would be the floors in the villa and around the pool get EXTREMELY slippery- I fell twice and our 2 yr old was all over the place.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor villa….
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank tuff22
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear tuff22,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had an "Amazing Trip" at The Reserve. I have to agree that many of our distinguished guests truly enjoy the extensive kitesurfing program that we have on property as the weather conditions are absolutley perfect for it and the professional instructors are first class.

I will personally be looking into the comment regarding the floors in the villa and pools and address our findings.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me when planning your next trip.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

All I can say it that this resort did not fail to impress us in any way. From the initial greeting, to the room, food and service...everything was of the highest quality through the entirety of our 5 day stay.

The property itself is meticulously maintained, which is impressive given how large and full of life it is. The service is second to none from all staff: the personal ambassador, front desk, concierge, restaurant staff, pool attendants, and even the groundskeepers!

The food is pricey - but you get what you pay for; every meal was delicious.

It's a bit far away from the action of San Juan, but this is also a benefit. You get to stay out of the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Room Tip: I see a lot of comments about switching to the rooms with the private attached pool. We stayed in a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DavidCP
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear David CP,

I want to thank you for your recent review of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!.

I am happy to hear that you found The Reserve a "5 Star Resort in Every Way". The ladies and gentlemen's mission is to provide truly memorable experiences for our guests and I am so glad that you were able to experience it over the 5 night stay.

Although the town of Dorado is only 30 minutes from San Juan, one of the benefits that we have from not being in the city is that it is truly an exotic sanctuary which all of our guests have come to love.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next return.

George M. Sotelo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorado
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
#2 of 48 in San Juan
CasaBlanca Hotel
CasaBlanca Hotel
#5 of 48 in San Juan

Been to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve? Share your experiences!