“Amazing Hotel- Can't Wait To Go Back!”

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newport Beach, California
“Amazing Hotel- Can't Wait To Go Back!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

There is so many wonderful things to say about this resort. It is perfect in just about every way! My husband and I just got back from spending 4 nights here.

Rooms:
I honestly do not think there is probably a "bad" room in this place. When we booked our stay- the resort breaks up your room options between "west" and "east" beach. I asked a few people who had posted prior reviews- and they said both are great....and they are right! If you are traveling with children- I would guess you might prefer west beach since it backs the part of the beach you can actuall swim in. The east beach is rockier and while pretty- not a swimmable beach. West beach is also closer to the beach club which I believe has some kids activities (I did not travel with kids- so I do not know that for sure!). Every room is essentially right on the ocean- so I agree with some prior reviews that I don't believe you can have a bad room here :-)

Property:
The property is absolutely amazing and breathtaking. There is nothing that I would change about this place. Whoever designed this place and did the decor did a fantastic job. The pool areas are beautiful if you just want to relax. There is a great bike path and you can get bikes and take a great ride around Dorado Beach. There is a lot of security around so you feel very safe.

Restaurants:
All of our meals here were great. The quality of the food was extremely high- definitely top notch. All of the adult beverages were made to perfection (I hate an "improperly" made cocktail). The chefs and bartenders here clearly know what they are doing.

Spa:
This is the nicest spa I have ever visited. Just like everything with the hotel, the spa is perfect too. I wish this was a spa I could go to more frequently. The treatments I had were all great. I would specifically recommend the bamboo and rock massage if you like deep tissue massages. The therapists were wonderful too- and clearly very experienced.

Overall- this is just about the most wonderful resort we have been to. I look forward to being able to go back one day soon!

Room Tip: East and West beach are both great- hard to go wrong! Plunge pool rooms are great if you want to be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Booms1212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
sc
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I have been fortunate to stay at some luxury resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico, and this resort is now one of my favorites. One of the appealing aspects for me was the easy flight from the east coast and the fact that PR is a US territory, so English is prevalent and there is no need for currency exchange.

We opted to take a taxi from the airport instead of using hotel transportation. We saved 150.00 round trip, so it's absolutely worth it and the taxis are waiting outside baggage claim.

The resort itself is fantastic. Very clean and modern decor. We had a ground floor plunge room. The bathroom is awesome. Outdoor shower, smart TV, plunge pool, and the beach is no more than 20 steps from your patio. Undeniably the best room I have stayed in.

The spa is well worth the expense. The men's and women's have their own facilities and the steam room, cold and hot plunge pools are a great way to relax before and after your treatment. We had bikes to use thoughtful our stay. We did run and bike each morning. The resort advertises an 11 mile trail. But actually it's about three miles of scenic trail with the rest traversing through neighborhoods around Dorado.

There are two restaurants. We personally enjoyed the more laid back outdoor restaurant that's situated away from the lobby area. Alcohol beverages are unreasonably expensive. I expect to pay a premium at a luxury resort, but Dorado Beach is over the top. 9.00 for a corona and 18.00 for a glass of wine. They should reconsider their pricing.

We did sit by the pools each day, and their are two pools you can choose from. The main pool is in front of the lobby and the sand bar. This is the pool to go to if you want to eat lunch in your pool chair or have a drink by the pool. The service is ok. The other pool is away from the main building right past the spa. This pool has more families and kids. There is no bar service.

Overall this is a great resort. I found that the staff was friendly and attentive when need be. There really are no negatives. The view from your room overlooking your plunge pool with the ocean in the background is like a postcard. You won't regret visiting.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank bcw7777
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Had the good fortune of staying here recently. The room was spectacular. Very spacious. Bathroom offers wonderful amenities. In addition to the regular shower it also has a private outdoor shower. If you can, get a room with an outdoor plunge pool. It was so relaxing to take an evening dip after a night out st dinner. The staff were wonderful. Everyone remembers your name and every request is attended to promptly, not that I ask for much. The beach and pool areas are gorgeous. Request bikes and enjoy the surrounding scenery. I did partake of the spa and was not disappointed. Just beautiful and relaxing. I came here to explore Puerto Rico and never left the resort.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Raymond L
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 14, 2013

First visit was impressive. Very big place and incredible design. Feels like a millionaire! Everything is expensive but worth it. Try renting a car if you have young children, eating inside the resort everytime is impossible. Golf is great with four courses to choose from. Played 3 of them and will go back for more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Francisco R
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great vacation, quiet, relaxing and beautiful. Great service, great restaurants and golf courses are the best that I have played on. Played with three locals and they were the best golf partners to play a game of golf with

Room Tip: You want a room with a plung pool, you won't regret it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick H
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We did not stay in the property, but spent the day at their amazing spa, Spa Botanico at the Dorado Beach Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Having tried all the major spas in Puerto Rico I can attest to this remarkable place. The entrance to the spa envelopes you in exquisite fragrances from their own apothecary, leading to a reflexion pool area and reception desk. The separate locker rooms are well apointed, with both indoor and outdoor showers. The steam rooms, hot therapeutic pool as well as the cold plunge areas work very well for muscle relaxation and detoxification. Since these are separate sex areas they provide for a more european ambiance if so desired or you may use a bathing suit or sarong. I opted for a body scrub and medium-deep tissue massage which can be pretty much tailored to your liking, both delivered in expert fashion. The massage areas have beautiful outdoor showers and some also include soaking tubs and relaxation areas. The tree houses are the "piece de resistance" to this charming spa, offering a very unique hammock massage. Overall, this is in my opinion the best spa in the island. Plan to spend at least one or two extra hours to fully enjoy all the amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BOLIVAR A
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Damn! This is not a hotel lol this kind of place is so close to heaven.. My experience here was awesome the architectural design is so phenomenon. I feel like I'm in paradise seeing the blue skies while breathing the fresh air and it amazes me so much hope I could stay in this vicinity forever.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alyssa D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorado
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
W Retreat & Spa Vieques
#3 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,786 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort

Been to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve? Share your experiences!