“My hotel experience”

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Damn! This is not a hotel lol this kind of place is so close to heaven.. My experience here was awesome the architectural design is so phenomenon. I feel like I'm in paradise seeing the blue skies while breathing the fresh air and it amazes me so much hope I could stay in this vicinity forever.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alyssa D

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here Memorial Day weekend for a short trip. The resort and room itself was very luxurious with the price tag to match. Staff was really friendly, we got sick on our last day and they made chicken soup especially for us and brought us medicine which made our day! It's pretty awesome when you're feeling really bad.

Complimentary 3 day Internet was nice but the Internet was slow. Private plunge pool was nice as well as the big pool. Food was awesome at both of their restaurants. It was Puerto Rican food but with an elegant flare.

Beach access was nice except you couldn't really get in the water. Mostly rocky so not swim able.

They loaned us mountain bikes to get around on the resort which was nice.

They have a security booth you have to get through. The first two days no one said anything but we were suppose to get a pass for parking. Complimentary valet but I guess the $95 resort fee made up for the free parking.

The shower was awesome for couples but I went with my friend so everytime one of us showered the other could go in the bathroom. The shower was open no curtain or wall.

Love the complimentary shampoo, conditioner and lotion. All came in big sizes not like the small bottles.

Maid service came everyday and made everything as it was new. We even got a new comforter because the first night we ordered room service and the tray put a smudge on it.

Overall I would stay again. One of the best hotels I've stay at and I've been all over Europe and Caribean and US.

1  Thank 987girl
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. Paid $879 a night + $78 occupancy tax + $95 resort fee. The resort fee is never heard of!!!

Room was nice (mini private pool and Terrace. Direct access to the beach). Nothing outstanding but nice.

The service is very average: they are trying hard but I doubt that they got the proper RC training which is notoriously excellent. Lot if room for improvement.

Finally, there is an amazing water sport facility on the premises (kite surfing and others, brilliant instructor, brand new equipment...) and the staff of the hotel has no clue what they offer. Also, this is not promoted or even visible on the website of the hotel which is a pitty. I discovered it by chance walking around and took a 2-day kite surfing clinic.

There are many other places for nearly $1,000 a night... This needs some work.

5  Thank francoisk114
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love this place! My parents came at XMas time, and 5 days into their 2 1/2 week trip and told me to fly down to check out the new house! Hahha!!! Currently, our building is still in construction mode and will be done in about a year--the design team, architects...everyone has gone above and beyond to customize it to our liking, it's going to be amazing. I have been to the reserve 4 times now since January and I am treated as family. The staff, and I mean from the GM to the landscape guys, are unbelievably and genuinely warm, gracious, kind and always have smiles on their faces. They seem to love their jobs and take what they do seriously (in terms of effort) and strive to just make the guests happy and relaxed. I know it's not bc they expect tips--I dropped a bowl of chips that went everywhere and the turndown maid walked in as I was cleaning up and she insisted on cleaning it up and when I tried to hand her a $20 tip (I mean that's not her job to clean up something like that) and she refused to take it saying it was her pleasure!! So sweet! I stuck it in her bucket anyways haha. I cannot say enough about the grounds (immaculate), food (best I've ever had), people (I want them to go home with me), and the SPA! So beyond amazing and beyond my wildest dreams. Very very kid friendly (ambassadors of the environment programs, water mill, the hangar playground) and the ocean is stunning.

2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This property is gorgeous. Breathtaking from all angles. The rooms are very well designed and truly lush. We had an infiniti edge plunge pool that overlooked the ocean. We have a very zen like bathroom with a free standing tub, indoor shower as well as an outdoor shower. We had an amazing gentleman, the resort calls him a butler, who took care of every possible want we had. He provided toys for our kids, wine for us... He was very attentive but not overbearing.

The employees there seem to love their jobs. They are passionate about providing you with a wonderful experience. The general manager and the the property manager are hands on- always walking around and saying hello to every one.

The spa is not to be missed. Hands down the most amazing experience I have ever had.

It would be very challenging to write anything derogatory about this property. However, if I had to say where there might be room for improvement, it would be the restaurant service at Mi Casa. The breakfast service in particular was terribly frustrating every morning. The details are irrelevant because I'm sure no one reading this is going to travel or not travel to this destination based on breakfast service.

It is a very spendy vacation but one most likely knows this going into it. This is truly luxe. They serve fantastic champagne by the glass at the pool- I love that they don't have inexpensive and cheap wine. They will fawn all over your children - the pool attendants bring them toys and noodles.... Milkshakes... You name it.

My favorite vacation was Four Seasons Maui. I always compare every trip to the one we had there. Nothing has yet to match it. The service, the food, the views, rooms .... They have historically been my favorite. Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado Beach comes close. If the restaurants were better, if the quality of the food and the service at breakfast improved a bit, this would be my ultimate destination. In the meantime, it's in 2nd place and holding strong.

3  Thank TravelerTracy88
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The property looks brand new. They did an amazing job remodeling. Food was overall ok and service was outstanding. Very relaxing weekend. Traffic from airport was pretty bad so try to schedule your arrival accordingly (call hotel for details on best times to travel). If you like to visit the spa make sure to make arrangements prior to your arrival as they were fully booked and they were not able to accommodate us. We will definitely be back soon...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandra D
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just returned from a two-night stay and the resort was everything we expected and more. The rooms with a private plunge pool are spectacular and worth every penny. The private, outdoor showers are a nice touch as well. The spa is impressive, and my treehouse Thai massage was thoroughly relaxing (and surprisingly cool despite the noon-time heat). The food overall was good, with the tasting menu at the Jose Andres restaurant a particular highlight. Service had some hiccups, but problems were adequately addressed...on the last day, our ride to lunch was 30 minutes late (Ritz offers golf cart rides throughout the expansive property). Upon checkout, a manager apologized for the delay (she knew about it without me mentioning it) and she comped our meals. Our only regret was not planning ahead...the Ambassadors of the Environment activity desk offers some interesting water activities, but the schedule rotates throughout the week so we missed some of the snorkel trips we wanted to do. Also, the water park at the nearby golf club is only open on weekends, so we missed that as well. Plenty to do otherwise...biking, golf, fitness center w/ tennis, basketball, etc. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pay up for a plunge pool room, they're fantastic!