“Paradise!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned 24 hours ago from this facility and I am still high as a kite from the natural beauty of it all! I do not know where to begin. The facility, the spa, the restaurants, the hummingbirds! Luis greeted us and was exceptional.. Bikes at our door. The best room I ever stayed in. Previously it was the Bardenesso in Yountville,Ca. No ocean there though. Something about it soothes your soul. You get your own private pool,outdoor and indoor shower, soaking tub. Luggage in the closet that lights up upon entering it. Fruit upon arrival. World class food and endless beaches. You feel like you are in your own paradise! Sunset with an intimate wedding going on, and a lesson in Sea Urchins from 2 very nice young boys while sipping a cocktail that Chris prepared,which was the best of my whole trip was an experience I will treasure forever. The spa is not even describable. Indulge and never look back. Daniel was exceptional. I am still feeling more relaxed than I have in years and it was my 61st Bday. My kids insisted and gave me the funds to indulge. OMG! I could go on and on and on but just go if you can. I would get on a plane tomorrow and return if possible.

Room Tip: We sayed in room 1011 and it had a great view of two aspects of the resort.
4 Thank Nancy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Turkish first
hoboken, nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned after 4 days of bliss at Ritz-Carlton, Dorado Beach. The property and rooms are spectacular (I hope my photos do it justice). From the moment you arrive, you feel relaxed and ready to unwind. I loved the fact that the lobby/reception is open with a direct view of the ocean. The rooms are all oceanfront in different 2-3 story buildings (the first floor rooms have their own plunge pool with patio and upstair rooms have a nice big patio with table, chairs, etc). Out our front door was the beach and out the back door was a manicured pathway that led to the spa, golf course, pool, restaurants,etc. If you ask for bikes, you can wheel around the property including the Observation Trail (11miles). As I mentioned before, the room is spectacular- very spacious with a huge bathroom (giant tub, indoor and outdoor shower), walk in closet, bedroom with couch and large flat screen, and I can't forget the huge sliding glass doors that had pocket doors to block sunlight. As far as the beach, I was in heaven because the rocks put in by the Rockefellers years ago broke the waves and allowed for nice calm, blue water. There are 2 "beach coves" with beautiful blue water and soft sand with chairs peppered around but not too crowded, which is nice. If you don't want to sit on the beach, there are 2 pools associated with each beach area with a restaurant/bar for lunch and cocktails. I will say that one of the pool areas seems to be the premier area with nicer chairs (plastic vs padded), cabanas and better beach service. When we asked a manager, he said the other area is more used by the residences. Either way, both pools and beach are great but if you want to have someone set-up your chair and come by and serve you, then go to the one by reception. As far as food, I enjoyed all of my meals, especially Mi Casa and the prices for food and drink are on par for NYC so there was no surprise there. The spa is gorgeous and so well designed from the front entrance to the hot tub/plunge pool area and steam room that looks like a little house. I opted for a hammock massage that took place in a tree house, and I was so happy I did because it was something different and I felt as relaxed as a swedish/deep tissue massage. I can't comment too much on golf but my husband played golf twice and enjoyed it, especially seeing Chi Chi Rodriguez.
As previous reviewers, I have to say a few words about the service, which I hate to do because we had so many great people making our trip so wonderful. My take on it is they just need to work on a few things and the whole thing will fall into place. The butler service for us, and others we talked to, was very spotty, especially compared to other places I've been. Personally, I'm completely happy without a butler because the button on the phone for the "virtual butler" was picked up in 2 rings and they arranged everything with no issues- dinner reservations, golf tee times, spa appointments, bikes, golf cart pick-ups,etc. So all in all, anything you needed done was only one phone call away and they were so nice and went out of their way to make sure you had a great trip!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goodtimesnj
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at the Dorado Ritz and it was fantastic! The rooms are gorgeous, really large, and they all have beautiful views of the amazing Dorado Beach. There are a lot of rooms and the hotel was pretty full, but you don't notice the other guests around. It kind of feels like you are the only ones here, until you see the others at breakfast and dinner.

The grounds of the hotel are spectacular. Really. The pictures look nice, but the actual hotel, beach, golf course, nature trail, and everything else at the Ritz is so much more amazing in person. It basically sparkles.

This is not where you go to party, but really where you go to get away from it all--disconnect, relax in the sun, swim in crystal clear water, eat delicious food and have a few cocktails. There are also amenities and things to do for people who don't just want to sit. Beautiful walking paths, tennis, golf, bicycles, water sports... I kept thinking that this would have been an awesome place for a honeymoon.

I am definitely looking forward to my next trip back here.

PS- you have to eat at the restaurant Mi Casa, by Jose Andres. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Lauren B
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Dorado Beach, Ritz-Carlton Reserve is an amazing place. My wife and I just returned from a six day stay in one of the first floore ocean front Reserve King Rooms, with Plunge Pool. The rooms are top notch. The developers did not spare expense when building the rooms and buildings. All the fixtures and furnishings are high-end. The best part of the rooms are the bathrooms, outdoor showers, and that the glass doors that open to your patio retract as pocket doors so there is no wall or door to the veranda and your plunge pool. There are also louvered pocket doors with screens that can be closed and locked so you can enjoy the breeze and sound of the waves and have privacy. The plunge pool was amazing with a great view of the beach and ocean, just steps in front of the room. The veranda and plunge pool was incredible. We spent a good amount of time out there. We had an oversized lounge complete with pillows on the veranda, as well as a table and chairs and bench seat.

Having been to many nice caribbean resorts, I would put this at the top of the list, above Little Dix Bay, as to the rooms and furnishings. This place is probably best enjoyed as a couple who simply want to relax, just as we did and had no problems doing that here. Not the best place for children or if you want tons of activities, although we did enjoy the complimentary moutain bikes and biking the trails.

If you are looking to get away in a luxury resort and looking for relaxation and being cared for, this is for you. Spa Botanico is also top end which we enjoyed as well.

Specal thanks to our personal ambassador Lucaria who made our stay comfortable - you are assigned one who sees that you have everything you need and assists with making reservations, etc - you have one point of contact for everything.

We can't wait to go back! I would say buildings 1-5 are best situated on the protected beach.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a couple, all you need is the Punge Reserve Room with plunge pool. You wil...
2 Thank Jamie54171
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for a weekend political fundraiser with many friends. Other than wanting to spend time with others on the trip, there would be very little reason to leave your room. What a room! Private outdoor shower (as well as indoor shower and stone tub). Beautiful room with indoor and outdoor living area, plunge pool, and steps to the quiet beach.

Service was excellent and the Mi Casa restaurant by DC's Jose Andres was terrific. And the spa - best spa I have ever seen. The "wet areas" for each sex was like a tropical jungle. Complete with several open air showers, hot tub built into the rock, cold plunge as well as hot and cold barrels of water to pour over you! The Vichi treatment areas were still not open (hotel only reopened last December) so much come back for that.

Can't wait to return next year!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank NewDemRex
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve, if given the opportunity, do it! I would definitely recommend a ground floor becuase you have ample room to relax on your terrace with a perfect view, soak in your luxury tub, private open air shower from the bathroom, lounge in your personal plunge pool, or just take a few steps to spend a little beach and surf time. It was a most relaxing and romantic weekend I can recall. The accomodations were beyond comfort, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

Beyond the room, the pools were intricate and unqiue. It was fun to explore them. The staff were friendly and bent over backwards to assist. The food was amazing, and the drinks were all top shelf.

Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve is a treat you shouldn't miss.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room. It's well worth the extra charge.
4 Thank MRG_10
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Words won't due the Dorado justice, maybe that is why we took so many pictures! Spectacular rooms with gorgeous ocean view, private plunge pool that we never wanted to leave and loved the outdoor shower. Food was amazing and enough of a variety with the three restaurants on property. The Mi Casa bartenders were fantastic and even came up with some special drinks for us. The spa was very relaxing and the staff were attentive and professional for all our treatments. We played golf on the east course- hard to concentrate with several holes along the ocean. Ask for bikes when you check in and then you have them for your stay. Easy to arrange transportation to and from the airport through the hotel. Agree with some of the other reviewers that there were a few minor issues with the slow beach service, but several staff members went out of their way to make our stay even more memorable. Already planning when we can go back!

Room Tip: The private pool for your room was worth the splurge. We liked being on the su casa side of the ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Golfer2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorado
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
W Retreat & Spa Vieques
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,766 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort

Been to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve? Share your experiences!