“When you want Cuban cuisine...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metropol Restaurant

Metropol Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Dorado
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, Puerto Rican
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Magnolia, Texas
“When you want Cuban cuisine...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very good Cuban and PR cuisine in the Dorado area, this nice little restaurant with a lovely bar and very solid service will hit the spot. Food is authentic and expertly prepared with fair prices.
Meals were very tasty, I had my favorite, Ropa Vieja with black beans, rice and tostones, and couldn't come close to finishing it all. The garlic bread is great too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“Good Cuban food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I live in the area and have visited this restaurant chain in various locations in PR. I found this one to be the nicest with very good service. The biftec palomillo is excellent with white rice and black beans and tostones. All the food is good all depends on what you are in the mood for. The drinks are good from there piña drinks to my favorite rum and coke with Don Q

Atlanta, Georgia
“Lots of Food, Good Price and Tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We ate at Metropol Dorado this week while on a long weekend break to Puerto Rico.
Metropol was easy to locate in the Dorado Shopping center just down the road from the hotel.
We arrived around 7:20 and the place was packed, had to wait about 15 minutes for a table to open. Kind of a smaller restaurant with a nice bar area.
Service was spot on, and everyone was super friendly.
We started our meal with a Cuban Tamale starter which I classify as OK. Seemed to missing some flavor or something.
I had the Cured Shredded Beef in a Creole Sauce and love it.
My wife had one of the days specials that contained Beef, Rice, Black Beans in a thick sauce ( I don't recall what it was called). The beef in her dish was very tender.
Both dishes are huge portions, so we took leftovers back to the hotel and had them for lunch the next day.
Lots of locals seemed to be dining at Metropol and I saw plenty of other dishes coming out that I will have to try next time I'm in Dorado, Pureto Rico.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Loved the entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We dined here twice while in Dorado for 10 days. Our first experience was quite good. The "best margarita" was one of the best I have ever had. The waiters were very helpful with the menu even though English was not there first language. We tried several different items to get a sense of the local cuisine. Plenty of good food - though not excellent. We found the food lacking in spiciness - not just here but everywhere we ate in Puerto Rico. There was a local band playing in the bar so we returned a few nights later to sit in the bar and enjoy the music. Glad we did - even though we didn't understand the words we enjoyed the sounds. Again the service was excellent and everyone looked upbeat and happy to be there. We ordered paella for 2. There was enough food for at least 4 - 6 people. Plenty of fish and lot's of variety. Only complaint was the lack of spiciness. We took home for lunch the next day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“U have better choices to go for a nice dinner ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

It was our first day in Dorado, and we decided to try this restaurant! Servers didn't speak english and we couldn't ask anything about the menu. I can not say it was bad....but you can try much better places for the same price!